FORUMS: list search recent posts

CrumplePop Blog on Supporting FCPX - EXCLUSIVELY

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Seeman
CrumplePop Blog on Supporting FCPX - EXCLUSIVELY
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:02:08 pm

http://www.crumplepop.com/blog/

Our conclusion is that FCP X will be the best option for the largest number of professional editors going forward. We have started to port all of our products to FCP X, and hope to have this complete by late summer 2011. We won’t be supporting another NLE.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: CrumplePop Blog on Supporting FCPX - EXCLUSIVELY
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:16:12 pm

A worthy experiment, but given that Crumblepop seems to be more of a software developer than a production house, I have to wonder at just how much their love of FCP X stems from the fact that they are developing plugins FOR it instead of videos ON it.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:23:16 pm

Third party support is a key to widespread use. I think it was one of the many things that FCP legacy had going for it over other NLEs.

The Motion FCPX connection will also be key for those building graphics and fx in fast turnaround situations.

This is a bold statement and while it's debatible it does show where they see their target market.

They range from ambitious freelancers, to ad agencies, to Hollywood post shops, to in-house editors at the BBC. We believe that the vast majority of these editors – and probably you, too – will be using FCP X as their professional editing platform within a year.

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:17:31 pm

Hi
Quote:
"While there are obviously missing features (like a comprehensive redo of Compressor)..."
Isn't that a pretty myopic view of the missing features?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:25:26 pm

Not if you're a Compressionist or anyone who needs fast and diverse delivery formats.

Compresor really needs to have more control over MPEG-2 Program and Transport streams as well as supporting H.264 equivalents.

Return to posts index

Chris Walsh
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:19:19 pm

I saw this too and at first was skeptical, but for CrumplePop, FCPX is great news. I'm a CrumplePop products I've used are sophisticated Motion templates (so developing for another platform would be tough). But FC solves a lot of the integration problems that existed for them with previous versions.

And I think their target market and FCPX's are in synch out of the gate: small shops and one-man-bands doing short form.

Chris Walsh

http://www.musicfog.com
Silver Spring, MD
Final Cut & AVID MC5
Former Windows User and edit* lover

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:28:09 pm

But they also include

Hollywood post shops, to in-house editors at the BBC.

Of course neither may use FCPX primarily or exclusively but they believe it's a tool they will use.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Jul 19, 2011 at 5:36:24 pm

The BBC uses Adobe Premiere.

[Craig Seeman] "Of course neither may use FCPX primarily or exclusively"

They may not even use FCPX at all.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:01:10 pm

If CumplePop has sold to them then they apparently have some FCS workstations in there somewhere.

No one is using FCPX at the moment so there's no predictor of where things will be in a year.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:15:41 pm

No offense, Craig, but I think you might be extrapolating a little heavily from what is basically ad copy.

Return to posts index

Steven Gonzales
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:47:46 pm

We all must admit that there are many editors alienated from the new FCP. While Crumplepop really had no choice but to embrace the new version, their enthusiastic support (coupled with other companies in the near future) is absolutely necessary to restart the FCP momentum.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 19, 2011 at 4:56:05 pm

I do think third party support will be KEY to FCPX success . . . or failure.

One might say one of Apple's bigger mistakes is not bringing the developers along outside of a few like NoiseIndustries and AutomaticDuck as well as the video I/O card makers.

Return to posts index

David A Fenton
on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:19:36 pm

I can't imagine why they would rationally keep developers out of the loop. But it is what it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]