FORUMS: list search recent posts

it renders and tosses stuff way...fcp x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jurriaan van der kamp
it renders and tosses stuff way...fcp x
on Jul 18, 2011 at 10:27:45 pm

The further i get in to this app the worser it gets.
How about this background rendering... If you have to quit before this thing is done rendering you would say it wil finnish it when you start it up again. But no! it just gets rid of say an audio track that is not rendered yet?!! Really scary.
The audio control is bad. I'v seen the tutorial Robert jan gave us (greetings! to you) and indeed it helps. But as we say in holland "the drunk helps the blind" which means we try to make the best of a poor situation.
Apple please give us audio control. I want my mixer back.
But people be careful with this rendering.

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
Re: it renders and tosses stuff way...fcp x
on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:10:30 pm

Wait, do you mean that it just cancels whatever has been rendered, or does it actually toss away the original clip too?

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 18, 2011 at 11:31:00 pm

Background rendering ceases when you quit the app- same thing in just about any app that allows you to do this. If you want rendering that continues if you quit FCP- try getting Compressor. Otherwise yeah you need to keep the app active until the output is complete. That's precisely why you get a warning pop up if you try to quit when a background process is going.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:06:19 am

[Noah Kadner] "Background rendering ceases when you quit the app- same thing in just about any app that allows you to do this."

What about FCP7? If you stop a render, it will render whatever portion of the clip that is finished at the time.

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:01:18 am

That's actually one of the cooler things about the old FCP. It keeps everything up to where you left off where many programs work on a clip by clip basis and if a clip isn't totally finished, it throws what it's done on that clip away.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 19, 2011 at 5:28:06 pm

Actually FCP X works the same way. There's a difference between the automatic background rendering that happens while you edit- that stays. Vs. doing a background render of a whole project which must complete before anything will be saved. That's pretty much the same as 7.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 19, 2011 at 6:12:16 am

The one thing I have to say about X is that it really makes me appreciate FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Robbert-Jan van der Does
on Jul 19, 2011 at 7:57:55 am

Hi Jurriaan,

guessed it was you.
Greetings to you too. What shall we do? I'll be the blind and you the drunk, or the other way around? Although I hardly drink ;-)
Anyway, thanks for posting, definitely something to be aware of.

Cheers,
Robbert-Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]