FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I view AVCHD movie clips before importing into FCPX ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dennis Kane
How do I view AVCHD movie clips before importing into FCPX ?
on Jul 17, 2011 at 5:18:30 pm

In FCP 6 , I was able to view my AVCHD movie clips in the log and transfer window before I imported them.
This allowed me the opportunity to select the clips I wanted to work with and delete the others. With FCPX I believe that now I view the clips while I am importing them, not allowing me to view them first. Am I missing something, I would really like to view these clips first. If this is not possible with FCPX, is there another applications that will allow me to view the AVCHD folder ?
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: How do I view AVCHD movie clips before importing into FCPX ?
on Jul 17, 2011 at 7:53:25 pm

Search the help in FCP X using these words: "Import from a file-based camcorder, camera, or device" The answers are there I think. You can preview them, and even select only sections to import.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: How do I view AVCHD movie clips before importing into FCPX ?
on Jul 18, 2011 at 6:18:45 pm

Dennis,

For merely previewing the AVCHD .mts files, I've had excellent luck with the free Movist app. I used to use the Toast Video Player, but found it to be a bit buggie and slow. Movist will also play over formats quite nicely like .flv, .avi, etc. It will also convert files, but I use it primarily to play back the .mts files (I still use QT 7 Pro or Compressor for conversion).

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]