FORUMS: list search recent posts

fwiw

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Cole
fwiw
on Apr 26, 2011 at 4:24:42 am

. . . . For What Its Worth

This NEW FCP X forum is rather hilarious (in a positive way).

I am wondering how Adobe Premiere users reacted when there was announced new versions . . . or Avid - who have made a 'dog's breakfast' of their new media handling mechanism!

But for me, I will be running FCP X ALONGSIDE FCP 7 until I feel confident I can 'create' just as well on the new as I do the old.
That is, assuming FCP X will allow both instances of FCP to run on the same machine.

Remember, change can never be instant, it takes time and having both FCP's available at the same time relieves the learning curve.

I remember a few years back when I was using Adobe Premiere (not Pro) when they went from Version 5 to version 6. In version 5 you had to have separate tracks to do transitions but in version 6 they allowed doing a transition in the same track; which was/is the norm for all other editing programs. This change created a mood of 'End of Life' when it was announced, with everyone threatening to abandon Adobe. That time has come and gone and when we speak of those days now, people can't believe that it was done the old ways.

Three months after the release of FCP X it will make interesting reading here, so I will be DEFINITELY staying tuned!

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: fwiw
on Apr 26, 2011 at 5:53:41 am

[Sam Cole] "his NEW FCP X forum is rather hilarious (in a positive way)."

Well here we go then ...

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts: “Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?”

The man below says: “Yes, you’re in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field.”

“You must be an engineer” says the balloonist.

“I am” replies the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” says the balloonist, “everything you have told me is technically correct, but it’s no use to anyone.”

The man below says “you must be in management.”

“I am” replies the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” says the man, “you don’t know where you are, or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault.”

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:06:10 pm

A couple is driving through a town in Texas, called "Mexia." She thought she heard someone pronounce it Meh-HEY-ah, and he says, no, in this part of the world you hear the X in both "Texas" and "Mexico," with the emphasis on the first syllable, so it would make sense that it would be pronounced "MECKS-ia."

After they go back and forth on this for a while, he says, "I'll pull in here and ask." So he drives up, rolls down his window, and says, "How do you pronounce the name of this place?" And the girl in the drive-through says "Dayyyy-reeeee Qu-eeeeeeen."

Two drums. Cymbal.

PS. It's Meh-HEY-ah.

PPS. You know that this is fiction because the guy pulled over to ask for advice.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:30:36 pm

[Tim Wilson] "PPS. You know that this is fiction because the guy pulled over to ask for advice"

These days a "real guy" would have listened to the pronunciation on his GPS (iPhone App of course). In fact you can tell the brand used by the pronunciations he uses to describe his travel, It's the TomTom vs Navigon accent.

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Apr 27, 2011 at 10:53:19 pm

A man walks into a bar and sits down. He proceeds to pull from his pocket a little tiny piano, a little tiny man and tiny bench. The little man sits on the bench and begins to play the tiny piano.

The bar tender says that is neat. Where did you get that? The man then pulls out a lamp and say rub it and make a wish. The bar tender rubs the lamp and says I wish I had a million bucks!. A few moments later, a duck walks into the bar, then another duck, and another until the bar is full of ducks.

The bar tender says, man your lamp is busted. I asked for a million BUCKS not a million DUCKS! The man says, who you tell'n, do you think I asked for a 9 inch pianist?! (BA-DUM-BUMP!)

Return to posts index

Richard Dee
I heard FCPX may be radioactive?
on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:54:22 pm

Anyone know the half life of this new version?

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: I heard FCPX may be radioactive?
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:52:17 am

I believe it will be 50% of the full life (just to keep the humour going).

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: I heard FCPX may be radioactive?
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:08:44 am

Ubillosium 10 has a half life that is double the time between paid Avid upgrades.
Jobsium 35 half life is a function of Gatesum minus market share.
Exposure is measured in MiliTunes which is downloads per second.
Best shielding is Android but the protective breakdown is rapid.
Symptoms of heavy exposure include rapid purchases, frequent Apple Store visits, Flash crashing and in rare cases kernel panic. If symptoms last more than four hours please visit Genius Bar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]