FORUMS: list search recent posts

Global FCPX conspiracy?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Mercer
Global FCPX conspiracy?
on Jul 14, 2011 at 5:56:35 pm

I note with horror that the default YouTube player seems to have had the colour of its play-control bar changed to a sort of dark grey. A sort of FCPX dark grey.

Is it a conspiracy?

I think we should be told.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Global FCPX conspiracy?
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:04:40 pm

Apple and Google conspire to rule the video world.
FCPX will be the dominant NLE . . . and Broadcasters will accept YouTube delivery.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:21:45 pm

Grey is the new white when it comes to designing interfaces. Adobe Creative Suite's been that way for years as has Autodesk, etc. Get with the program...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:24:04 pm

"Apple and Google conspire to rule the video world."

I seriously doubt Apple and Google are conspiring together... but if they ever merged... hurry up and get your Gapple domain name rights now!

I think you are on to something though. Apple has made FCPX a gateway for the mass market to create YouTube/HTML5 compliant video. The more HTML5 compliant video is out there saturating the web, the more leverage that gives Apple in shaping web standards that are more befitting for there iOS device market.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:36:04 pm

[Jason Diebler] "I seriously doubt Apple and Google are conspiring together."

Mine was meant to be humorous tongue in cheek.

[Jason Diebler] "but if they ever merged... hurry up and get your Gapple domain name rights now!
"

Tantamount to the Berlin Wall coming down.

[Jason Diebler] "Apple has made FCPX a gateway for the mass market to create YouTube/HTML5 compliant video."

It will be interesting to see where this goes . . . and if Google ever uses WebM as a wrench (which I personally doubt).

[Jason Diebler] "The more HTML5 compliant video is out there saturating the web, the more leverage that gives Apple in shaping web standards that are more befitting for there iOS device market."

Of course that would be HTML5 H.264 and not HTML5 WebM. The irony of that is Google's big money maker is advertising and they want ads on all those iDevices.

It'll be interesting to see how Apple pushes HTTP Live Streaming as well (note the presets in Compressor 4), which is how one streams live to iDevices . . . and Quicktime X. Remember, Apple thinks Ecosystems.

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:04:31 pm

[Jason Diebler] "hurry up and get your Gapple domain name rights now!"

I like Goopple a little better.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:42:12 pm

Not going to happen in our lifetime due to the righteous animosity generated by Google co-opting everything they could take from Apple while their crafty fox Eric sat in Apple’s hen house... but when it happens, it will be called AppGoo.

However brilliant one of the leading business leaders is, he was sadly naïve and too trusting. BODs should not include leaders from your broad business sector; if your business is technology, have someone from a hand-made candy store sit on the BOD. Apologies for the irrelevant remarks in this forum.

8^)

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 14, 2011 at 9:35:12 pm

[Rick Lang] "Not going to happen in our lifetime due to the righteous animosity generated by Google co-opting everything they could take from Apple while their crafty fox Eric sat in Apple’s hen house"

I seem to remember the maker of a competing OS investing in Apple and supporting an Office product on Apple's OS as well.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-202143.html

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jul 14, 2011 at 10:18:51 pm

Craig, interesting post from August 1997 when Apple was in dire straits. It seems over time with the mellowing of Bill Gates (marriage was good for him), he has a lot of true admiration for Steve Jobs. I remember watching the two of them together the last time (I think) on WSJ All Things D and you could feel the love from Bill. That would not happen if Eric and Steve shared the stage (as understated as I can say that).

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Jul 14, 2011 at 10:31:54 pm

I seem to remember this "investment" was a fee said OS maker had to pay to get its web browser as default on Mac OS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]