FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Kol
How to export
on Jul 14, 2011 at 1:51:44 pm

Hello :)

I just finish making my video in FCP X, i would like to export it now using compressor, i prefer to not lose much quality, and i want to export it to .m2ts file (AVCHD) but i have no idea how?

(video is about 18min long, 10-15GB size is ok)

I want the video to be in 50fps, what im doing is, i choose a "H.264 For BluRay" preset in Compressor, then i change the BluRay to AVCHD, but then its impossible to change any of the preset settings, like audio, fps and so on.

Could anyone post a screenshot of good settings?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: How to export
on Jul 14, 2011 at 5:27:29 pm

Your intent is unclear or one of us is confused.
Apple's .m2t is MPEG-2 Transport Stream.
Are you trying to create an H.264 Transport Stream?
I don't think Compressor supports this.

H.264 in Compressor can be .mov, .m4v (Apple devices), .264 (Blu-ray)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:23:12 pm

Yeah you'd need a camera-specific app for that. You can't make mts type transport streams with Compressor. What are you trying to do? Make a Blu-ray or an archive for the camera format?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Pawel Kol
on Jul 14, 2011 at 7:05:18 pm

I want a video with good quality, and i want it also to be playable on some hardware like PS3, here is what you can play on PS3:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/filetypes.html

I did try already MPEG-4 with highest bitrate, but after export its not realy good quality. So what should i choose?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:49:22 pm

H.264 would be the proper flavor coming out of FCP X not AVCHD MTS. I'd maybe ask on a Sony Playstation forum for specific recipes. This is more of a playback requirements issue rather than an exporting from Compressor issue.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]