FORUMS: list search recent posts

Whew. Done and accepted.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Whew. Done and accepted.
on May 3, 2019 at 2:47:48 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on May 3, 2019 at 2:49:31 am

I've mentioned the "brand guidelines" video I've been working on - on and off - for the past couple of months.
Today was the big WebEx call that introduced the work to all the involved agencies and stakeholders.
Great relief that the video files played well into the live stream! Now it goes into their "brand vault" so that everyones can download the actual high rez video for reference.

What an interesting project!

And possibly the most complex FCP X storyline I"ve built in the past few years, as it involved literally building a series of print, POS and web assets step - by - step via on screen animation. For storage I'll compound a lot of the stacks, but I've grown a bit fond of its "expanded" view!

This is 15 minutes long - and covers from the chapter sound IDs and VO at the bottom, to the ADA compliant captioning at the top. (By the way, the Simon Says Workflow Extension did all the captioning in maybe 5 minutes and got everything but one Acronmym and some punctuation perfect on the first pass! Great experience.)

Literally, its the first project I've had in months that's FAR taller than it's wide even though it's not really a short work.

Not sure if I'm glad it's done - or if I'll miss the project.

That's what keeps this job so engaging. Always something new to figure out.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Whew. Done and accepted.
on May 3, 2019 at 2:50:51 am

Congrats, Bill. Sounds like a wild ride!

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 3, 2019 at 12:04:34 pm

+1 to Simon Says. I had to caption something recently and tossed the transcription file to Simon, got a quick & accurate transcript, exported as .srt and popped into my X project. Couldn’t be more simple than that.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on May 6, 2019 at 12:42:29 pm

Simon Says is great. A little buggy at times, but the value for how much you pay is amazing. They are also very responsive. They now have individual channel selection, in part, because I made a big deal about how it was a necessary feature for noisy environments.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 6, 2019 at 4:13:26 pm

Early on I had some email exchanges with Mike Matzdorf over at Simon Says and they were very receptive to input from users, which is always a good sign.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 5, 2019 at 3:30:13 am

Looks like you might need to start working in portrait mode! ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]