FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro waiting on this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Mac Pro waiting on this?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 12:17:22 am

https://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/6262-intel-has-just-announced-...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Mac Pro waiting on this?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 12:51:12 am

I find this article quite funny. "Oh my God ! - if they put a $10,000 Xeon 9200 in a new Mac Pro - it could cost
$20,000 for the computer !!! "

Many of us come from a background where buying a 1" VTR was $80,000, and you needed 3 of these, and buying a Sony HD VTR cost just as much. And this was 35 years ago. If you are a professional, and making more money than you made in 1995 - if your investment for a single computer is $20,000, that will blow the doors off of anything else - why does this matter to you ? OH - I know, because you bill $300 a day for your services including your hardware, so how on earth could you even consider an "investment" like this.

Welcome to 2019. Davinci Resolve is still free. I was just texted today by a client that told me that their
LTO library annual support contract was $20,000 a year, and they are going to drop them. Where do I find clients like this ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 6, 2019 at 1:07:01 am

Chips are always being released so no computer maker waits for the latest. I doubt Apple were waiting for these multi core monsters. And the price is clearly aimed at big enterprise. Bob is right. They won't end up in editors desktop machines.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Apr 6, 2019 at 1:41:55 pm

If they're waiting on this I'm going to be retired before it comes out.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]