FORUMS: list search recent posts

KeyFlow Pro 2.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
KeyFlow Pro 2.3
on Apr 4, 2019 at 1:30:07 am

I noticed on Facebook today that KeyFlow Pro is getting an update that will be released next week.

Key points:

KeyFlow Pro 2 will be updated to v2.3 at NABSHOW.
What’s New in KeyFlow Pro 2.3
1. Browse, search and preview all files in the ‘PROJECTS’ from KeyFlow Pro 2 Extension for FCPX
2. Improvement for Premiere Pro CC XML Export (Support for subclips)
3. ProRes RAW Support (System requirements: macOS 10.14.3 or later and Pro Video Formats 2.1)
4. Add KeyFlow Pro Tutorial link to the Help menu
5. Support for Japanese(localized)
6. Various bug fixes and improvements

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: KeyFlow Pro 2.3
on Apr 4, 2019 at 4:52:51 am

I can't help but wonder why KeyFlow Pro isn't more popular.

Although I suspect I use it a little bit differently than others as I mostly use it to track the archives of my camera masters. I then search it to find where the original is located and import the originals into whatever Library for the Project I'm working on.

Whether using it as a searchable program for Libraries or, as I use it for camera masters, I haven't seen anything else in its price range or ease of use for a small shop.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Apr 4, 2019 at 2:26:27 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Apr 4, 2019 at 2:27:34 pm

I think it's a great product. But there are a few things that keep me from implementing it. Probably the biggest is an inability to organize FCP X libraries. Seems basic, but without folders to place them in it's nearly impossible to use the Libraries as your primary organizational structure. And for me that's where the value lies. Otherwise I'm creating a parallel organization system. Which means, basically it won't happen.

A close second is the inability to import libraries from any workstation other than the server.

I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but at the moment there are too many snafus for me to implement.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2019 at 4:12:18 pm

Have you given them these feature requests?
They really encourage user input.

What MAM are you using as an alternative?
I gave CatDV a loooong look and kept finding areas of frustration. Admittedly have checked it in a while but that's because I've been happy with KeyFlow Pro. Granted my own use it for cataloging camera masters.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 4, 2019 at 4:53:09 pm

I wish you could reject clips in KeyFlow Pro but you can’t at the moment. The only "workaround" is to add "Reject" as keyword then create a smart collection in FCPX where you can actually reject the clip range. This is not ideal but it works.

There is also Kyno but it is overpriced in my opinion. Have yet to try CatDV so no opinions there. Craig, what frustrates you with CatDV, just curious?

One thing I have noticed is that there is a KFP users group on Facebook but there are less than 100 members in there.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2019 at 5:23:20 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Apr 4, 2019 at 5:32:10 pm

[David Mathis] "There is also Kyno but it is overpriced in my opinion."

Kyno isn't really a MAM (I think they've said as much) in that it doesn't keep archives of all media.

[David Mathis] "Craig, what frustrates you with CatDV, just curious? "
It's been a while so I'd have to check back a few years but one that still sticks in my head was the rather expensive upgrade one needed for XDCAM EX codec support (which was most of my doc/eng style work at the time).

Added: CatDV crashed every time I tried to import any MPEG2 Program Streams which, at the time, was most of my Cable TV Spot delivery.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Apr 5, 2019 at 12:42:10 am

[Craig Seeman] "Have you given them these feature requests?
They really encourage user input.

What MAM are you using as an alternative?"

Yes I have asked for these features. Fairly recently though so I wouldn't expect anything immediately. But they are looking into it.

I use NeoFinder at the moment. It's a hard disk cataloging program, so it's a bit of a crude tool. But, having the file organizational structure is useful. Likely when I move to Keyflow, I'll still keep it around as Keyflow doesn't map a disk drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]