FORUMS: list search recent posts

Undo not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason carey
Undo not working
on Jul 12, 2011 at 7:05:06 pm

Well Undo is not working .. how can anybody work like that. Also FCP lost my timeline.. ? What is with this is like a bad Beta test that you have to pay for?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Undo not working
on Jul 12, 2011 at 9:14:00 pm

Reports are that when undo stops working so does saving. Quit and restart FCPX.
I haven't run into the undo issue though but others have. I've never lost anything though and only crashed the first day I was using. I've gotten a few beach balls but found they didn't last long.

FWIW it's more alpha than beta. Beta implies feature complete being tested. Alpha means features not yet implemented which is where it's at as far as I can tell.

Personally I consider this FCPX Training Edition so we have something to learn up while they get the full version ready . . . as a free update.

Note that while Motion and Compressor have PDFs on Apple's support site, FCPX does not. You have to use the Print command to generate a PDF. That indicates to me they're still planing more features with more refined implementation.

Return to posts index

Dan Hayes
on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:21:09 am

[Craig Seeman] "Note that while Motion and Compressor have PDFs on Apple's support site, FCPX does not. You have to use the Print command to generate a PDF. That indicates to me they're still planing more features with more refined implementation."

But couldn't they just update a PDF manual when they update the software?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:07:32 am

[Dan Hayes] "But couldn't they just update a PDF manual when they update the software?"

Of course, that would be too logical for Apple at this point Dan.

Kind of reminds me of the line in movie AS GOOD AS IT GETS. A secretary asks Jack Nicholson how he manages to write great female characters, and he responds, "It's easy, I just create a male character and remove all reason and logic."

In my movie Nicholson asks Apple how they managed to create such a terrific new NLE.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:23:41 pm

[Dan Hayes] "But couldn't they just update a PDF manual when they update the software?"

Too much work for their Desktop Publishing division I guess.

Return to posts index

Ray Wang
on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:41:57 pm

I have had a similar experience.

Tried a 1 minute clip, nothing fancy. Tried a few lower thirds, made some parameter changes, tried undo. Color beach ball came up around the 7th undo.

Forced quit FCP X, lost all my events and the project.

Restarted mac, run FCP X. Everything back to normal again.

Looks like FCP X go stuck undoing one of the lower thirds (that I have tried).

I think basically unlimited undo is not supported, better to duplicate projects (versions) to make sure you have a version to roll back to.

---
Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]