FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Summit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Creative Summit
on Nov 3, 2018 at 2:13:50 am

Are you going? What would you like to see in the new version, assuming it comes out?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Creative Summit
on Nov 3, 2018 at 12:29:56 pm

Built in tracking.
Split screen comparison (frame buffer) for color grading.
Blackmagic Raw support.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Nov 4, 2018 at 2:56:13 am

proper timecode window with multiple user configurable displays.

some sort of mixer or audio bussing.

more customization over workspaces - detachable windows/ panels, etc.

better trim tools mostly missing a two up display when trimming with the KB - 4up when slip/slide with the KB.

thats all i got for now.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 4, 2018 at 4:52:41 pm

[Neil Goodman] "better trim tools mostly missing a two up display when trimming with the KB - 4up when slip/slide with the KB.
"

How can I forget this one. Major need for this. One of the few things I miss about Avid Media Composer and FCP classic even (although Avid's was better).

Kind of surprised that after all these years and the importance of keyboard editing, FCPX trim tool still requires using a mouse to get the two up. Badly needed for trim efficiency.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 5, 2018 at 6:30:52 pm

As usual, I just want to be surprised by SOMETHING I didn't expect or conceive before the presentation.

As useful as all the "known desires" like dupe detection, enhanced trimming etc would be for many, what still sets X apart from its competitors (for me at least) are the things it embodies that changed my thinking about NLEs after so many decades of thinking largely the same way.

The range-based tagging engine
Horizontal and vertical magnetism.
Roles.

That type stuff.

My totally uninformed hopes are something either having to do with multi-user collaboration (MAYBE including some user hooks into the database structure?) , or perhaps something related to furthering audio ingest, mixing and export.

As is widely speculated upon, Apple has been investigating AI, Machine learning, and Virtuality for a while now. So maybe something around those ideas?

I suspect we'll know soon, as a substantial update is pretty widely expected at the Creative Summit in a few weeks.

We'll see.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Nov 7, 2018 at 5:01:30 pm

I'm going!

I would love for some sort of better-integrated, multi-user/editor sharing. As a teacher who uses FCPX and editstock.com to teach some fundamentals of editing, it'd be awesome if we could all work of the same library on a shared network storage.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

17" MacBook Pro | 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 3 | FCPX | Motion 5 | Compressor 4

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling illusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 8, 2018 at 5:10:55 pm

Speaker line-up:

http://www.fcpxcreativesummit.com/speakers/

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

William Davis
on Nov 8, 2018 at 5:22:08 pm

That other Bill Davis guy looks like trouble.

;-)

Bill Davis

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 8, 2018 at 6:29:52 pm

Bill,

Sadly, I'm not going to be at the Creative Summit this year.

The push back in the Summit date this year put it too close to the Thanksgiving break and I'll be head down revising first of the year executive team video presentations. I'd risk it since I LOVE the Summit and hate missing it - but my largest client is facing a CEO retirement Jan 1. and our creative team needs to be HUGELY responsive right now, and leaving for that weekend is too risky.

With luck, people will come away from the Summit this year thinking "Wow, Bill Davis is much thinner, better looking, and smarter than I imagined. Great guy."😊

So you've got the "name baton."

Run fast, run well!

(I am bummed we can't sit and have a beer! - Maybe at NAB?)

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

William Davis
on Nov 8, 2018 at 7:27:02 pm

Aw, that's too bad. I'll have to start plotting my 2019 return.

I'll try to do our collective name proud! I'm leading a session at the Summit where I talk about using Final Cut Pro X to edit the year-long promotional campaign for Ken Burns's "The Vietnam War." And yes, I used the Ken Burns effect on a still of Ken Burns.

Bill

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 8, 2018 at 8:05:31 pm

[William Davis] "And yes, I used the Ken Burns effect on a still of Ken Burns."

My mind is blown!

Return to posts index

William Davis
on Nov 8, 2018 at 9:46:29 pm

[Steve Connor] "My mind is blown!"

I was hoping the world wasn't going to implode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]