FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS Mojave vs. Audacity

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
OS Mojave vs. Audacity
on Oct 30, 2018 at 6:17:34 pm

I was helping someone with an audio project and they upgraded to Mojave before we started. I used a USB a/d audio converter for audio capture from an analog source. The mac audio controls panel read the incoming analog input fine, but when we started Audacity, it refused to select the USB audio input or detect the audio coming in. Some initial troubleshooting suggests to me Mojave "breaks" Audacity. Is this an issue of 32-bit OS, and anybody know if there's a fix. End of support for Mpeg Streamclip was bad enough... I want to upgrade my home OS this year but I'd really, really get upset to lose the use of Audacity.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: OS Mojave vs. Audacity
on Oct 30, 2018 at 6:47:28 pm

Audacity v2.3.0 working fine here with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. I can select Soundflower or the Scarlett, mono or stereo.

2013 MacPro w/Mojave

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 30, 2018 at 7:24:13 pm

Good to know, thanks. Must be a problem specific to my friends' install.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Oct 30, 2018 at 9:09:31 pm
Last Edited By Doug Metz on Oct 30, 2018 at 9:10:37 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Good to know, thanks. Must be a problem specific to my friends' install."

I'll check my iMac at home tonight as well, where I'm using a Steinberg interface.

For reference, I've got the Scarlett set up at 48 kHz / 24 bit in Audio MIDI Setup.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 1, 2018 at 1:27:39 am

Recently I was helping some people work out what to use to record and edit podcasts. I checked out Audacity to cover a free cross platform audio editor. However, It actually made a lot more sense to teach then to use the Fairlight page in the free version of Resolve. Audacity only had one advantage - being able to render the final as an mp3 but really as editing and mixing software it is awful compared to Fairlight.

So for free software to do almost everything, Resolve free is really hard to beat. Added advantage is some of these people also wanted to do vLogs so why learn different software when Resolve absolutely nailed everything. Oh and converting a wav to mp3 can be done online for free.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]