FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Certification page down?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jacek
Apple Certification page down?
on Jul 12, 2011 at 12:43:39 pm

I'm an Apple-certified trainer in FCP7, and was trying to see if there was any updated information about FCPX certification today. All of the Apple pages regarding certification seem to be down. Safari could not find them.

Does anyone know how long it has been like this? Do you think they are being updated as I write this? Previously, there were "coming soon" messages about recertification and the new Peach Press books.

http://training.apple.com/

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Apple Certification page down?
on Jul 12, 2011 at 3:21:52 pm

Certification requirements for FCPX have not be decided. They will probably be announced sometime near the release of the FCPX training book in September.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jul 12, 2011 at 3:28:02 pm

They need time to get someone to come in and lower the bar down... way down. A certified trainer in FCPX... Who'd a thought we'd be having this discussion.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:16:12 pm

Does anyone know what becomes of the certifications of FCP7, and other FCS3 certifications. My FCP6 certification expired shortly after the release of FCP7.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:40:59 pm

Certifications for FCP7 and FCS are closed. AATCs can still give certification exams, but there are no more certifications for these applications.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

Steve Maio
on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:40:54 pm

Wow, I only just saw this. I was scheduled to take the Tier 1 exam today, and the Tier 2, Color, and Sound exams in the next few weeks, as part of a Master Class I just completed LAST WEEK.

Would have been nice if my AATC had actually MENTIONED this to me before scheduling me for it.

Is there any actual point in this now?

Even if I pass these exams, there is no Certification I can claim to have? Should I stop wasting my time and just add "Final Cut Studio Master Pro Certification Master Class" somewhere? I realize just a cert has little weight (been an Avid Editor for over a decade), but I was looking forward to having that feather in my cap none the less.

-Steve Maio
"Edit Everything"

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:16:31 pm

Does anyone know why the actual page is down? I check earlier, and it had "coming soon" images of the new books.

Return to posts index

Adam McCune
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:47:57 pm

Looks like it is down:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/training.apple.com
You can also check:
http://isitdown.us/

They have probably pulled all of them down to update the page. Weird, considering they usually post a "back soon" post-it note.

Adam

Writer/Radio host/Community Media Advocate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]