FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Announces - Black Magic Teases. The games continue.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Adobe Announces - Black Magic Teases. The games continue.
on Oct 17, 2018 at 3:08:00 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lafcpug/permalink/10155467141860728/

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Adobe Announces - Black Magic Teases. The games continue.
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:00:34 am

"Blackmagic teases"? 15.1 has been out for a while.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:20:07 am

Actually 15.12 has just been released with a load of bug fixes. Their pace of development is very impressive

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:34:14 pm

Of course, Bill could always just install the free version of Resolve via the Mac App Store and see what all the excitement is about ☺

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:28:30 pm

[Tero Ahlfors] ""Blackmagic teases"? 15.1 has been out for a while."

Well, Paul Saccone, the product manager, apparently felt that the "fall upgrades" coming soon were worthy of a pre-announcement since he sent this link out yesterday.

So I think the term "teasing" kinda fits, since he's describing features NOT yet released in the product.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:36:52 pm

[Bill Davis] "coming soon"

Hmm... The video and the verbiage in the text info is talking about the current release, not anything yet to come.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:51:33 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 17, 2018 at 5:02:08 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Hmm... The video and the verbiage in the text info is talking about the current release, not anything yet to come.

- Oliver"

Seriously? Mr. Saccone sent out a new features promo post on Tuesday for features that were actually previously released? That just seems weird. I guess if it was just "counter messaging" against Adobe's MAX announcements in the stream, I can kinda sorta understand that. But it seems odd to promote as "news" - things that aren't actually "news."

(Holy heck, did I just write that? Looking up at the paragraph above, it seems utterly stupid to have written that in 2018. I've been busy but I haven't been under a rock - and I certainly should have learned by now that the new normal is that it really doesn't much matter WHAT you say on the interwebs - as long as you successfully get eyeballs to read it.) Maybe it's the new world of real-time streaming PR, and since i'm out of that game, I just don't see the idea of re-sending old news as if it's fresh news. I don't really follow BM or Adobe more than casually these days and when I saw a PR "press release" type post in my feed, I thought that implied "fresh news" - silly me.

In my defense, the post that crossed my feed was dated October 15th - and said...

Sorry if I didn't understand that something dated YESTERDAY and that started with the words "Today..." was about something apparently done a while ago.

Actually, I now wonder if Mr. Saccone actually sent this out when it APPEARED that he did. Maybe it was just a copy pasta that took his historic post - and re-sent it under a new dateline? Man this era is difficult to work in to try to understand what's real and whats just more market manipulation.

My attention is definitely elsewhere these days. Sorry for the confusion, Carry on.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 17, 2018 at 5:07:42 pm
Last Edited By Michael Hancock on Oct 17, 2018 at 5:09:09 pm

The post says that the video was released today, not that the software was.

Resolve 15.1 was released Sept 27, and that video was posted Oct 15, outlining new features in the then 18 day old software. It's like how Apple releases software, then a few days or weeks later there is a review video that goes over the new features. If it's not ready the day of release, it's usually shortly thereafter. Like Saccone's post.

And today they released 15.2**. Blackmagic doesn't sleep.

EDIT: **15.1.2 was released today, not 15.2

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:37:11 pm
Last Edited By Tero Ahlfors on Oct 17, 2018 at 4:38:07 pm

The video was a recap of new features that came in 15.1. That version was released four weeks ago.

So I think it's not a tease because it's already been released.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]