FORUMS: list search recent posts

YouTube captioning stuck in Portuguese; no es tudo bem!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
YouTube captioning stuck in Portuguese; no es tudo bem!
on Aug 21, 2018 at 4:42:49 pm

Darnedest thing is happening to me; uploaded my video to an unlisted YouTube account to let the YT auto-transcribing generate captions for me. Then I grab the .srt, .vtt or other caption file from that to import into my edits. Done this a hundred times, always works like a charm (well, if the audio's clear, it's 90 percent right, you just need to do a little clean-up on it, but beats manual transcribing and it's free).

Today, all it wants to give me is auto-captions in Portuguese.

I've deleted and re-uploaded to two different accounts, three times, carefully setting the "Original Language" pre-set to "English". I don't know why the A.I is insisting on giving me Portuguese, and not the English that I'm asking for.

We thought maybe the audio wasn't clear enough to be understood, ( doubtful, I got back transcriptions from much worse files) so I uploaded a version where I EQ'd the audio to make it extremely clear. Still comes back Portuguese. Every time.

O que há de errado e como faço para corrigir isso?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: YouTube captioning stuck in Portuguese; no es tudo bem!
on Aug 21, 2018 at 4:45:49 pm

Perhaps a digital age Spanish plot to make the world angry at their historical rivals?

Just spitballing here. 😉

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 21, 2018 at 5:00:48 pm

Brazilian Portuguese is, to my mind, the sexiest-sounding language on Earth... but I need it in English. Kinda in a hurry...

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Aug 21, 2018 at 5:14:42 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on Aug 21, 2018 at 5:15:22 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Darnedest thing is happening to me; uploaded my video to an unlisted YouTube account to let the YT auto-transcribing generate captions for me. Then I grab the .srt, .vtt or other caption file from that to import into my edits. Done this a hundred times, always works like a charm (well, if the audio's clear, it's 90 percent right, you just need to do a little clean-up on it, but beats manual transcribing and it's free).

Today, all it wants to give me is auto-captions in Portuguese.

I've deleted and re-uploaded to two different accounts, three times, carefully setting the "Original Language" pre-set to "English". I don't know why the A.I is insisting on giving me Portuguese, and not the English that I'm asking for.

We thought maybe the audio wasn't clear enough to be understood, ( doubtful, I got back transcriptions from much worse files) so I uploaded a version where I EQ'd the audio to make it extremely clear. Still comes back Portuguese. Every time.

O que há de errado e como faço para corrigir isso?"

Did you check your location settings? I've had Google Translate select my default language incorrectly before, changing my location seemed to fix it.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 21, 2018 at 7:54:56 pm

Tried it, twice, sounded like it might work... but it hasn't. Still looking for a fix. Going to try using a dfiferent browser next.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 22, 2018 at 12:44:42 pm

Try setting it to Portuguese and see if it gives you English. Yes, that’s crazy, but it has a certain logic to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]