FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Resolve a contender yet?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Is Resolve a contender yet?
on Aug 19, 2018 at 10:32:46 pm

I never seem to have time to sit down and learn another NLE, like I have with FCPX. I made the transition from 7 to X in 2011 and never looked back. I have tried Premiere, but I always found it lacking compared to X, but Resolve intrigues me. So the open ended question I have is: Is Resolve mature enough as an Editor, that the members of this forum are starting to learn it, because it's time has come?

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Is Resolve a contender yet?
on Aug 20, 2018 at 1:02:32 am

I have to ask Don, why do you ask? Is it that X although doing what you want and need and is favored over Pr is not in your longer term plans?

The simple solution is to download the free Resolve which does almost everything and use it. 15 release is out so start by cutting in X and exporting via xml to Resolve to grade and perhaps do titles, GFX, audio post and final delivery. You will then get a feel for the program and the edit page is always there to play with.

For me Resolve is my tool of choice as I do post finish not original edit but when I need to edit I find it not only capable but familiar which is a very important thing. Coming from X you might not like it as it is much more Legend, Premiere, Avid like.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Is Resolve a contender yet?
on Aug 20, 2018 at 2:05:33 am

There is an event coming up at the end of the month which should address that question.
I meant to post this last week but moderator duties in a Facebook FCPX user group kept me busy. So here it is:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/davinci-resolve-15-in-the-real-world-tickets-4...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]