FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Summit 2018

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Creative Summit 2018
on Aug 15, 2018 at 7:09:18 pm

This year the summit will take place in mid November rather then late October as was the situation for the previous two events. The dates are Friday November 16 through Sunday November 18 and the schedule of events are unknown at this time. The other unknown is whether part of the event will take place at the new Apple campus.

This video just surfaced today in a couple of FCPX user groups over at Facebook:

I hope we get a role based mixer and mask tracking this time around. Please do us a favor Bill Davis, try to curb your enthusiasm. We know how you love keyframes in X and the joy they bring you! 😉

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Creative Summit 2018
on Aug 15, 2018 at 10:11:47 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Aug 15, 2018 at 10:15:48 pm

[David Mathis] "I hope we get a role based mixer and mask tracking this time around. Please do us a favor Bill Davis, try to curb your enthusiasm. We know how you love keyframes in X and the joy they bring you! 😉"

As always, I remain unconcerned about all the things that everyone can easily imagine that X might get if there's an update - since they represent "the known." 😊

I remain excited by the UNKNOWN, and the possibility that we might get something unexpected and new!

That way, the real excitement lies...

And since you're apparently concerned about my relationship with keyframes in X, (thanks, didn't know you thought about me that much!) I set and tweeked 30 or so keyframes just this morning! 20 or so via the storyline keyframe editor - and another dozen via the inspector. They all worked just fine, thanks. I know other software puts way more emphasis on keyframing, (as do many other users) so I'll hold out hope for you that keyframes develop for you in a way that satisfies whatever you're unhappy about. Improvement is always welcome in life!

I will simply remain content in my ignorance until such time as improvement may come along.

The way I see it, that means I actually get to be content between now and then - rather than ill-content and focused on a lack which I can't really do anything about.

Same days spent. My way, they are spent with much less discontent.

Big win, IMO.

Oh, and regarding the Summit itself, it will be great to see so many of my friends again. As I noted about NAB years ago - in my early days, I mistakenly thought it was a show about THINGS. As I matured, I realized the "things" mattered MUCH less than the people I was meeting. The chance to re-connect with them is the essence of both the show - and, actually, life.

😊

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]