FORUMS: list search recent posts

The new Reality Distortion Field.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
The new Reality Distortion Field.
on May 4, 2018 at 6:06:08 pm

It’s been a curious month.

For the first three weeks, an incredible amount of what I read regarding Apple was about how the iPhone X was a poor selling “failure.” That message rang out across a huge array of tech tracking websites.

For the record, my 2 year phone replacement contract cycle happened to hit at the iPhone X launch, so I’ve used it for months - and knew to be an extremely solid and dependable performer.

Then, after Tim Cooks earnings report a week back - suddenly EVERYTHING seemed to change.

The device that had been discussed as a huge failure - became a huge success over-night.

It’s hard to fathom why EVERYBODY was so prepared to see failure - before they had ANY data on the reality of the situation.

Kinda reminds me of another product launch.

Just noting the phenomenon.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: The new Reality Distortion Field.
on May 4, 2018 at 6:58:07 pm

[Bill Davis] "The device that had been discussed as a huge failure - became a huge success over-night."

I don't see anyone saying it's a huge overnight success. What I do see people saying is that percentage sales increased and with its high price tag, Apple was making a lot of profits. That's not really saying the same thing. But yes, speculation by analysts - based on vendor supply orders - was prematurely pessimistic. There was data - just not enough accurate data.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on May 4, 2018 at 7:50:43 pm

Shhhh! You'll disturb Bill's reality distortion field.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 4, 2018 at 10:06:15 pm

Hey, I just observed something.

A large spike in the “pundit class” singing out “it’s not selling, and Apple depends on THIS over all to be successful ... so be WARNED!”

I didn’t opine on the veracity of that, so how exactly was my reality being “distorted?”

Then it turns out that when the SEC required earnings call happens — And iPhone X is ACTUALLY a big financial hit for the Company.

The “distorted” voices apparently belonged to all the pundits who wrote about “flaws” that didn’t actually really exist. They didn’t really understand the reality of the situation very well, did they?

And it seems to me that’s worth noting.

That’s all. .

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 4, 2018 at 11:28:28 pm

I am an iPhone owner. You want flaws ? I make my living by being on the phone. I have a professional Plantronics headset that is plugged into the phone. Why is there no headphone jack on the iPhone X ? Perhaps I should order 2 or 3 sets of Apple Bluetooth wireless headsets, so I can be on the phone continuously for 8 - 10 hours.

I work with high speed networks for editing. Why don't Apple laptops have an Ethernet port on them. Why do they need a thunderbolt 3 to Ethernet adaptor (which Belkin makes for them, and Foxconn recently purchased Belkin for $800 Million dollars). I am surely grateful that THIRD PARTY COMPANIES like Sonnet, Promise, Akitio and CalDigit are now making Thunderbolt 3 to 10G adaptors, and Thunderbolt 3 docks, because PROFESSIONALS have all kinds of STUFF that they have to plug in to their computers, to make a living.

Because professionals need to plug stuff INTO a computer to make a living. People having fun with a computer, or their phone, don't need that stuff. Apple likes appealing to their mass audience, so they can make money. But PROFESSIONALS have to suffer way to often because of this.

When I go to purchase a car, I am looking for convenient features. I am not a race car driver, and I am not looking for race car features that a professional driver would be looking at. But EVERYONE on this forum is a race car driver when it comes to editing (and phones) and we need all the features, and we will continue to complain when we can't get those features.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 5, 2018 at 5:40:46 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on May 5, 2018 at 5:45:12 pm

Bob,

I’m sure there are multiple reasons for the choices you mention Apple having made to modify or eliminate traditional “ports” drilled or machined into the iPhone body as it has evolved.

Yes, one way to view these choices is to viewed them as capabilities that have been “removed”.

But there are other ways to view them.

One might perhaps be that with a device that accompanies people on their busy daily lives - and that we increasingly rely on for personal safety and security - not compromising the devices integrity by needlessly drilling headphone jacks and data ports into it, serves to increase its reliability.

It’s lightness and thinness might make it more likely to be something a person takes everywhere.

Avoiding drilling or milling holes in it might make it more reliable when they do.

As to “professional ports” it seems you are mistaking a mass market multipurpose product for a “video industry specific device.”

No company can sell millions of units EXCLUSIVELY to top tier video professionals.

They CAN provide options to allow those folks with niche needs to adapt the base units to their needs - and that’s pretty much exactly what you describe.

And I’m not sure how we’re “suffering” when MacBook Pros skemready tend to dominate our industry at the top tier.

Could they be better for our needs? Sure. But the marketplace already judges them as “very good.”

So, in this case, isn’t this just another case of Apple not designing things the way you think they should — to best accommodate your particular needs?

Which I totally understand- because I want exactly that too!

But I try not to get too grumpy because Apple aparently has more in mind than what “I” need.

Just my thoughts.

Have a great day.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 5, 2018 at 9:36:22 pm

Can’t agree with you here Bill.

Every shoot I go on I need a laptop with me. For notes, scripts, prep, uploading files, confirming CGI plates or just basic DIT. The MacBook Pro is apples version of a portable pro computer. I, and everyone I know that shoots pro video typically needs usb 3, thunderbolt 2, headphone out/in, 10Ge and sd/flash card readers on a weekly basis.

Thunderbolt 3 might be a forwards step for speed but I don’t like buying a laptop for £3000 and needing to spend at least another £250 on peripherals that aren’t even made by Apple to enable this connectivity. It’s a great laptop, it’s just a forced eco system. Which piece of kit do you buy that is released every 2 years that needs 10% of its value spending on third party connectors just to keep working in the same way?

Red cameras always require additional investment to get more from the body you bought, but if they brought out a new camera that had only one port for connection to video out/sync/evf/hdmi/timecode/power, and the only adaptor was made by wooden camera and cost £3000, you’d think twice about the purchase, no?

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 7, 2018 at 10:49:03 pm

[Tom Sefton] "I, and everyone I know that shoots pro video typically needs usb 3, thunderbolt 2, headphone out/in, 10Ge and sd/flash card readers on a weekly basis. "

Tom, the issue with this view is that 15 years ago, that list for me was COMPLETELY different.
I needed SCSI, Parallel ports, XLR, Maybe the emerging Firewire 400. Nearly all of those are obsolete now.

NONE of those lasted, (except perhaps XLR, tho it's under great stress as audio is increasingly embedded into SDI signals and transported that way.

I know Apple tends to move to standards faster than a LOT of the market prefers - but it hasn't slowed down adoption of their vision at all.

My next laptop transition, I too will lose my headphone jack. But oddly, I lost it on my phone two generations ago - and it hasn't stopped me from monitoring and working with audio feeds from my phone at all. I can use the supplied lightening to 3.5mm adaptor OR use Bluetooth - and when I need to work with audio from my phone via something other than the internal speaker - it's not an issue at all. That's simply how I see ALL these i/0 challenges. We fight it because it's "abnormal" to us - then our idea of "normal" adapts.

Just how progress happens.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on May 7, 2018 at 11:18:18 pm

[Bill Davis] "NONE of those lasted, (except perhaps XLR, tho it's under great stress as audio is increasingly embedded into SDI signals and transported that way."

I think it depends on what you're talking about. Digital audio over SDI may be more common for video transport than it was years ago... but the same isn't true for most audio only devices and applications. I wouldn't be surprised if XLR was still the dominant interconnect for audio 100 years from now.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 7, 2018 at 11:28:00 pm

[Shawn Miller] "I wouldn't be surprised if XLR was still the dominant interconnect for audio 100 years from now."

Then we're betting differently.

AS I write this, I have at least a dozen 25, 50, and 100 foot XLR cables up for sale. Along with matching BNC terminated video cables.

At the last gig I participated in, driven by BlackMagic technology, Cat 5 cables displaced quite a few of them.

(tho in fairness, not all - many of the audio runs from mics to the board were still XLR. But from the Mixer to the actual recording devices - ALL were either Embedded signals on Cat 5 - or imported via memory card.

XLR was basically FOH for the audience mix only. Everything else was embedded digital.

And so it goes.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on May 7, 2018 at 11:39:10 pm

[Bill Davis] "[Shawn Miller] "I wouldn't be surprised if XLR was still the dominant interconnect for audio 100 years from now."

Then we're betting differently.

AS I write this, I have at least a dozen 25, 50, and 100 foot XLR cables up for sale. Along with matching BNC terminated video cables.

At the last gig I participated in, driven by BlackMagic technology, Cat 5 cables displaced quite a few of them.

(tho in fairness, not all - many of the audio runs from mics to the board were still XLR. But from the Mixer to the actual recording devices - ALL were either Embedded signals on Cat 5 - or imported via memory card."

Right... as I said, audio only devices mostly use XLR interconnects, so I don't see them becoming obsolete anytime soon.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 8, 2018 at 6:14:40 pm

[Shawn Miller] "Right... as I said, audio only devices mostly use XLR interconnects, so I don't see them becoming obsolete anytime soon. "

The only counter point I would make is that there are plenty of Professional devices (Red cameras, et al) that have dumped XLR auto interfaces for smaller variations of Mini-XLR, TA5F or even 3.5mm.

Of course, nobody really howls about them when they eschew the old XLR standard in favor of something smaller, less common and typically way more costly.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on May 8, 2018 at 7:06:40 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on May 8, 2018 at 7:58:41 pm

[Bill Davis] "[Shawn Miller] "Right... as I said, audio only devices mostly use XLR interconnects, so I don't see them becoming obsolete anytime soon. "

The only counter point I would make is that there are plenty of Professional devices (Red cameras, et al) that have dumped XLR auto interfaces for smaller variations of Mini-XLR, TA5F or even 3.5mm.

Of course, nobody really howls about them when they eschew the old XLR standard in favor of something smaller, less common and typically way more costly."

TA3 and TA5 aren't new, they're just a variations on the XLR standard. They've been in use on compact audio devices for years (it's the standard for Audio Technica body packs and on camera recievers)... you can get the connectors from $1.50 to $10.00 a piece (depending on brand) and 150 feet of cable for about $50 US, so cables aren't expensive to build. Mini XLR makes sense in the Red camera IMO, since their focus is on higher end film production. Cinema shooters don't usually complain much about audio connectors because they're a lot more likely to record double system. Silicon Imaging's (RIP) first camera didn't even record audio... Blackmagic's first cinema camera had 1/4" TRS connectors, and didn't even have audio meters! Come to think of it... I'm not sure Kinefinity camera can even capture audio.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 8, 2018 at 8:01:01 pm

[Shawn Miller] "TA3 and TA5 aren't new, they're just a variations on the XLR standard. "

Well of course.

But USB-C is equally just a variation on the USB standard - yet Apple adopting it was the worse thing that has ever happened to multi-media computing - cuz “dongles” are now required.

(Shudder)

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on May 8, 2018 at 8:31:55 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on May 8, 2018 at 8:57:07 pm

[Bill Davis] "[Shawn Miller] "TA3 and TA5 aren't new, they're just a variations on the XLR standard. "

Well of course.

But USB-C is equally just a variation on the USB standard - yet Apple adopting it was the worse thing that has ever happened to multi-media computing - cuz “dongles” are now required."

Not exactly, USB-C is an update to the USB spec, it's more than just a connector type. TA3 OTOH is just a connector, that's why you can wire full sized XLR on one end of a cable and TA3 to the other end, no conversion necessary. I suspect fewer people would be upset about USB-C on the Macbook if the solution was an inexpensive cable with a different connector on the computer side.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 8, 2018 at 7:29:49 pm

Red has minijack inputs on their basic I/o module but the “pro” I/o has xlr connectors.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on May 8, 2018 at 8:02:50 pm

[Tom Sefton] "Red has minijack inputs on their basic I/o module but the “pro” I/o has xlr connectors."

Ahhh, I didn't know that, thanks.

Shawn

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 5, 2018 at 10:11:18 pm

[Bill Davis] "One might perhaps be that with a device that accompanies people on their busy daily lives - and that we increasingly rely on for personal safety and security - not compromising the devices integrity by needlessly drilling headphone jacks and data ports into it, serves to increase its reliability."

A recent thread here clearly showed that Apple products are definitely not more reliable due to their design.

[Bill Davis] "So, in this case, isn’t this just another case of Apple not designing things the way you think they should — to best accommodate your particular needs?"

So regularly removing features that have become ubiquitous within the industry and thereby forcing users to either purchase workaround solutions or abandon those peripheral products altogether is considered a positive in your eyes? And if that argument was to be valid you'd have to show how Apple products operate in a superior fashion to others but that's certainly not the case when looking at benchmark tests.

In addition, the clean design element of Apple products which tends to be a big selling point seems to be consistently destroyed by the endless adapters and add-on units required just to use industry standard features that Apple has deemed no longer necessary. Yep, that's quite a positive.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 5, 2018 at 10:19:43 pm

[greg janza] "In addition, the clean design element of Apple products which tends to be a big selling point seems to be consistently destroyed by the endless adapters and add-on units required just to use industry standard features that Apple has deemed no longer necessary. Yep, that's quite a positive."

Just look at all the gack we have hanging off the backs of 2013 Mac Pros or newer MacBook Pros to make them functional. Since Apple DOES make models designed for consumers, maybe, just maybe, a machine labelled "Pro" should properly address professional needs.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 7, 2018 at 10:51:20 pm

[greg janza] "the endless adapters and add-on units required just to use industry standard features that Apple has deemed no longer necessary. Yep, that's quite a positive.
"

Meh,

They are bridges from the old to the new.. Only people going somewhere need bridges.

You buy into the travel, or you don't.

Everyone's free to choose.

Good luck with yours.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 8, 2018 at 1:34:27 am

[Bill Davis] "Meh,"

You probably have stock in Belkin.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 6, 2018 at 2:37:22 am

[Bill Davis] "One might perhaps be that with a device that accompanies people on their busy daily lives - and that we increasingly rely on for personal safety and security - not compromising the devices integrity by needlessly drilling headphone jacks and data ports into it, serves to increase its reliability."

Please oh please name ONE INCIDENT where an iPhone's integrity was compromised by the headphone jack. Just one. One will do. I can point out hundreds of thousands of cases of CRACKED and SHATTERED iPhone screens. Google it and you'll be outdone. But, Bill, come on. Name on case where the headphone jack caused any issues...compromised the integrity of the phone itself. SURE...headphone connectors have broken off and gotten stuck inside the jack...but that didn't break the phone...that was a broken headphone.

[Bill Davis] "It’s lightness and thinness might make it more likely to be something a person takes everywhere. "

Funny how other phones are bulkier and heavier and people seem to take them everywhere. That has never been a factor in me taking my phone me.

[Bill Davis] "No company can sell millions of units EXCLUSIVELY to top tier video professionals. "

I guess not. Which is why Apple doesn't make them for Professionals anymore. NOPE! You want professional connections? Get adapters. LOTS OF adapters. Third party adapters. JUST LIKE WHAT THEY DO WITH FCX! The way it is, out of the gate...plain Jane downloaded...it isn't ready for professional use. Can you edit video? Yup. Can you post it to YouTube? Yup. OH, wait, sorry...I keep forgetting that there are many many levels of professional and I'm only talking about the ones that need to send their audio to professional audio mixers or Change lists or send the project to Adobe. Sorry, forgot, we are the 2%. The same 2% that need to capture from tape on occasion or output to tape, something Apple thinks doesn't exist...unless it's DV or HDV (ironically).

So they'll just make this hardware that's marketed to the average user, but put PRO on it so professionals can feel good about getting it, while they shell out hundreds of dollars more for the adapters they need.

[Bill Davis] "But I try not to get too grumpy because Apple aparently has more in mind than what “I” need."

Apple USED to have several tiers of products. The laptops for consumers, then the ones for professionals. Now they have them ALL for consumers, but put PRO on some so they can charge more and consumers can go "look, I have a professonal laptop!" While they don't really, as they don't have ANY of the connectors they need for all the pro work. Well, besides Thunderbolt.

I love Avid...but I still complain about many things they don't do right. I love Apple, but complain about the things they don't do right. I'm...lukewarm about Adobe, but still find things that they don't do right that I need done. No one is perfect, no company is perfect, so we will complain about them when they don't fulfill our needs. And we will complain MORE about a company that we LOVE that doesn't do that...one that DID but then is proving, over time, to be turning their backs on us and walking away...slowly...getting rid of the things we use and need...Shake here...FCP Legacy there...multiple ports of varying types so they can make a laptop with ONE port so you can't charge your computer AND use a hard drive on it at the same time (MacBook).

The fact that no matter WHAT Apple does...you always think they are the greatest thing. I mean, nothing....they can do nothing that will make you complain. They could drop Thunderbolt tomorrow and you'd say it's about time they did, as you never needed that. They could drop all external connections and you'd say "It's because the future is wireless, even wireless RAID drives...Apple knows this so they are forcing everyones hand and it's good...you'll see."

You are losing credibility with every post you make defending absolutely everything Apple does. Your opinion used to have weight, at least with me. Now...nope. None. I find myself waiting for you to post to see what insanely stupid thing you'll say, and I can say, you never disappoint.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on May 7, 2018 at 5:32:24 pm

Exactly!

I haven't upgraded my 2015 MB Pro Retina because, despite the speed increase, the latest MacBook Pro models are subpar ..from not enough connectors video pros need every day, to a stiff noisy keyboard to a gimmicky unnecessary touch bar ..

Apple's losing money on me and may lose me all together to a PC that runs Adobe suite as well as if not better if they don't start listening to the people who use their machines for a living...

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on May 7, 2018 at 5:34:27 pm

...and i'm saying this as the earliest of early adopters (128 beige original Mac) and one of Apple's biggest fans for years through FCP 7.....and suddenly, giant steps backward....removing features "for your own good"

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 7, 2018 at 11:12:14 pm

[Shane Ross] "Apple USED to have several tiers of products. The laptops for consumers, then the ones for professionals. Now they have them ALL for consumers, but put PRO on some so they can charge more and consumers can go "look, I have a professonal laptop!" While they don't really, as they don't have ANY of the connectors they need for all the pro work. Well, besides Thunderbolt. "

Wow, just remembering how recently EVERYONE who used a laptop for video production was a wannabe.

Totally Unprofessional. A joke.

Look, I'm seriously sorry sorry that when I articulate how I see these things — it annoys you so much, but looking back - that's been kind of a consistent thing.

IMO, It's just about looking at disruption and change and deciding how you want to approach it.

And we're clearly each wired differently in that area. I see things that have greatly ADVANCED my work in the changes Apple has made. For me the glass is WAY more than half full.

You apparently find constant reason to be upset about those same changes. Basically, the Apple glass is EVER below what you're going to be comfortable with.

Well, so be it.

We see the same things through a different lens. You apparently enjoy the view through yours - I enjoy the view through mine.

Such is life.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 8, 2018 at 12:05:19 am

[Bill Davis] "Wow, just remembering how recently EVERYONE who used a laptop for video production was a wannabe.

Totally Unprofessional. A joke. "

Yeah, funny how when I used one on the set of a feature film, because the scene was too long and we needed to make adjustments, so the writer director re-wrote the script and the producers freaked out that the edit wouldn't match, but then I had my laptop on set and fixed the edit and we were good to go... 14 years ago. Not sure when a laptop was said to be unprofessional. The editor of UP was using it on an airplane and the person next to them wasn't impressed, but that was a commoner. Laptops have been used by professionals for years...so you must be talking about that 14 years ago when the producers didn't think I could do it. that's a long time ago...

[Bill Davis] "You apparently find constant reason to be upset about those same changes. Basically, the Apple glass is EVER below what you're going to be comfortable with. "

When every advance is done for NO OTHER REASON other than "it's different," when you have lots of money invested in equipment and in 6 months Apple computers no longer connect to that equipment, meaning you need to hold onto that computer for 4 years longer than you were planning to...just because Apple doesn't think the average user doesn't need it anymore. "Oh, you just invested $12,000 in TB2 RAIDs and IO? Well...GOOD NEWS! We don't support that anymore! Now there's TB3!! Oh, and that headphone jack, we don't need that anymore, so you can dump your $400 studio headphones and get our BEATS BY DRE! wireless ones!"

All changes only address the average user. Time and time again they prove they don't give one hoot about professionals and their needs. Only "make it thinner! Make it lighter! We don't need that connection anymore...Bob from down the office doesn't need that. Nor does your average soccer mom, or young blogger. So let's get rid of it, it's useless. Then we can make it sleeker."

I'm so glad you enjoy spending money over and over again for new equipment when the old works just fine, but happens to be two years old so ANCIENT in tech terms. SO nice to be able to afford $8000 for a new RAID every two years because the connector is better, and the adapter doesn't quite get the speeds that the direct connction did. Or that the $1500 IO you have that is in fine working order won't work anymore, so you can shell out another $1500 for a new one. This after spending $6000 on the new computer.

I'm not talking about how there's a guy at Technicolor who still runs a D1 deck to online SD shows...in 2018. No, we are talking things being dropped after two years...or less. Or conections vanishing altogether thus requiring adapters, but wow, not enough connections to accommodate all the things I need to attach.

Glad to see you love giving these companies all your money and all your obsolete equipment stacking up...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 8, 2018 at 6:30:00 pm

[Shane Ross] "No, we are talking things being dropped after two years...or less. Or conections vanishing altogether thus requiring adapters, but wow, not enough connections to accommodate all the things I need to attach. "

I get it Shane.

Apple is working has hard as it can to make YOUR life as miserable as they can.

The thing is, at each iteration, while YOU may not get anything as a result of the change you want. Some of us DO. Four ports on a laptop that all carry 100 watts of power and bi-directional data simultaneously may not be what you EVER need - and more, you and a thousand others may be torqued that you can't have your beloved MagSafe connector any more. But others of us may actually PREFER to have additional capabilities of those ports. Maybe for more self powered drives on a DIT cart without the need to manage 3 additional wall-warts.

That's the point here. Needs vary, features ebb and flow.

On another thread, somebody is bemoaning the fact that full sized XLRs are not available on Apple devices cuz thats the "standard for audio" - and it is.

But I still don't seeing people trashing RED cameras because you have to buy adaptors to get your XLR audio in and out of THOSE - even tho those adaptors (dongle cables?) are far MORE costly than Apple's dongles.

Red decrees a mini-XLR audio connector change on their cameras requiring new cables and expenditures - and Professionals are simply required to shut up and adapt to it — if they want to play the RED game.

Apple does the EXACT same thing — and OMG - it's the sign of the Apocalypse!

Couch that in "fanboyism" if you like. That's fine. For me, it's just that my life feels much EASIER overall since I adopted the Apple workflow. Less stress. More progress. More ease.

That was the Apple brand promise, and they've largely delivered on that for me as an individual user.

That's all.

YMMV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]