https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2018/04/22/fcpx-color-wheels-take-2/

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Color Wheels redux
on Apr 22, 2018 at 8:03:24 pm

Very useful thanks for posting.

It's very amusing to read the original discussions back now that Apple have decided to 'fix" the bug

Did you know the COW has an "ignore" feature?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 22, 2018 at 9:02:31 pm

[Steve Connor] "It's very amusing to read the original discussions back now that Apple have decided to 'fix" the bug"

I give Apple shade from time to time, but in fairness, I also don't want to ignore when they do it right. I would say though that they don't consider this a "fix" - merely a "change" to match what people expected to see.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 22, 2018 at 9:24:56 pm

Kudos to Apple for finding a way to fix the bug without backwards calamity. That probably took a bit more work than testing and fixing before release but I doubt there is any software devs these days that don't fall into the same trap.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Apr 22, 2018 at 10:08:15 pm

[Oliver Peters] " I would say though that they don't consider this a "fix" - merely a "change" to match what people expected to see."

If it's not a bug fix, I'd be very interested to hear why they built it to work the way they initially did. Perhaps if they had explained why the original wheels operated the way they did, and the benefits to their approach, they might not have had to change it at all!

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 22, 2018 at 10:14:27 pm

[Michael Hancock] "I'd be very interested to hear why they built it to work the way they initially did"

Me, too. But I don't know the answer.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Apr 23, 2018 at 6:40:07 pm

Great article.

I've noticed too that the automatic "balance color" feature works much, much better. Now I use it all the time (usually as a base correction to build on). I would say that in 75% of cases, it definitely produces a very good white balance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]