FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio cross is proof enough

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jurriaan van der kamp
No audio cross is proof enough
on Jul 11, 2011 at 7:22:00 am

is it realy true that fcp x needs a workaround to make an.... audio cross?
Please let someone step up and tell me i am wrong.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: No audio cross is proof enough
on Jul 11, 2011 at 11:55:32 am

From the manual: You can add audio-only transitions to audio edits in a connected storyline. These transitions can be either a fade-in, fade-out, or crossfade.

Note: When a transition is added to a video clip with attached audio, a crossfade transition is automatically applied to the audio. If the audio is detached or expanded from the video, the audio is not affected by the video transition.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 11, 2011 at 2:41:01 pm

Just to clarify.

When you expand the clips you can add the Dissolve as Video Only. Unfortunately this does not work for Audio Only.

For Audio Only one must Detach Audio and make Secondary Storyline.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 11, 2011 at 1:58:07 pm

It's not a workaround, I love the new method of crossfading, much more controllable.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 11, 2011 at 2:36:41 pm

Audio Only Dissolve in Final Cut Pro X

Return to posts index

Chris Walsh
on Jul 12, 2011 at 2:29:11 am

Thanks for posting the video. It does seem significantly more involved than right-clicking. Reminds me a bit of some older versions of Vegas. Does FCPX have any kind of macro-like key recording that could combine the seven steps into one? That was the solution for some of the more convoluted Vegas commands.

Chris Walsh

http://www.musicfog.com
Silver Spring, MD
Final Cut & AVID MC5
Former Windows User and edit* lover

Return to posts index

jurriaan van der kamp
on Jul 14, 2011 at 7:20:40 am

Thanks Guys,
I have red your replies and i think you expect different stuf from a professional edit system.
If you have to use about seven commands to make a simple AUDIO CROSS (it doesn't get any more basic then that) i would have say two things. 1:Seven keystrokes to make an audio only cross thats a workaround in my book. 2: this app is not ment for proffesionals.
Worst of all when you've applied the cross it shortens your audio at the end.The cross is a couple of secconds before the video edit! To correct this you can add some more commands!
In my opinion apple has abandoned the proffesionals for shure.
It is simply not possible that apple after all these years of edit research,development and feedback doesn't exactly now what editors require! They are dissing us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]