FORUMS: list search recent posts

amazing new capabilities IN R15

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
amazing new capabilities IN R15
on Apr 13, 2018 at 8:46:17 pm

This video takes you through all the R15 tabs.

Ricardo Marty
P.S. I just cant imagine how R16 will be

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: amazing new capabilities IN R15
on Apr 14, 2018 at 9:12:05 am

R16? That's a no-brainer.

2 new tabs for scripting and storyboarding, and a final tab for designing the poster ; )

- No Parking Production -

3 x Adobe CC, 3 x iMac, 3 x MbP, 10 GB Ethernet File Server

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 14, 2018 at 4:36:01 pm

Resolve FX and third party FX plugins are not available in the Fusion page just yet but that will likely change in a later update. I think they are going to really intergrate Fusion into resolve but I hope this does not mean the standalone Fusion package will go the way of the horse and wagon.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Apr 15, 2018 at 10:21:54 am

It really does look fantastic

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 15, 2018 at 4:49:49 pm

If only it had a trackless magnetic timeline...

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 15, 2018 at 8:42:05 pm

[Craig Seeman] "If only it had a trackless magnetic timeline...
"

Agreed. Been playing with the beta for a couple hours. First, the interface is crowded and clunky as hell (testing on a laptop). I guess I am used to the clean elegance of X. Maybe there's a way to configure the interface to be a little cleaner?

The performance (2017 MbP, tricked out) is MUCH better. Very smooth. But this is a beta software for sure, as it crashed completely on a few occasions. I mean, no beach balls, just, 'poof' out to finder crashes.

Then there is that "track thing". So limiting. 😉

One nice thing is I pointed R15 to an X library and it imported all the separate clips from that library. Might be helpful to someone.

R15 at first glance has a TON of tools and features (color, FX, sound). More than I would ever use or are proficient in. If I need that much CC power and effect power, I am probably subbing those jobs out to experts. IMHO, X is a far better editor and has enough post tools to get what I need (and can do for my clients to their expectations) done. R15 has improved, but it's still an "if I need it" software for me. Just my humble opinion.

However, over on the DS google forum, they are loving the potential of R15 as (finally) a replacement for DS. And for what DS was and what it could do, and as an ex-DS driver I have to agree.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 16, 2018 at 2:43:17 am

[Scott Witthaus]"Then there is that "track thing". So limiting. 😉"

It is so unlikely to ever have Apple like magnetic (I'm sure Apple will never allow it under patent protection) but who knows if they might give editors some better collision avoidance tools but at least with layers per track you don't destructively overwrite. I've enjoyed non destructive layer based editing for many years and it has some serious advantages in dialog editing and ADR recording

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 16, 2018 at 4:26:18 am

Don't know why you say its clunky. Its not one interface for 5 programs. Its five different interfaces one for each program that share a timeline and sources. they each have their own menu. Clunky is ae,pp,ps clunky was fcp.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 16, 2018 at 3:10:24 am

After resolve eats-up adobe it will most likely go after apple with a magnetic timeline tab. lol.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]