FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Rent Price Increase

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Adobe Rent Price Increase
on Mar 12, 2018 at 4:11:05 pm

I just received an e-mail this morning from Adobe stating that the subscription cost will increase as of April 16, 2018 which is just around the corner. Currently my subscription is for Premiere Pro with a year plan that has a monthly payment so my rent will not increase until next year. It will be going from $19.99 a month to $20.99 a month. While this is not a huge increase it is something to consider before joining. I don’t know about the other apps as of yet though rent may increase for those as well.

I do know that some in here are in not in favor in rental only. Look forward to thoughts from others but please be respectful.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Adobe Rent Price Increase
on Mar 12, 2018 at 4:57:08 pm

[David Mathis] "I do know that some in here are in not in favor in rental only. Look forward to thoughts from others but please be respectful."

There's a good business argument to be made for staying with Adobe. This is a pretty minor increase in the grand scheme of things. Obviously for many, it's a bridge too far - or - is an ideological argument.

If you fall into the latter case - and don't actually need specific Adobe apps for their features or client compatibility - then there are enough free or buy-once (non-subscription) options out there. Obviously, Apple, Blackmagic Design, Affinity (Serif), and Pixelmator will cover pretty much all of the bases.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:03:05 pm

[Oliver Peters] "There's a good business argument to be made for staying with Adobe"

What is the increase for the entire CC package?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:11:31 pm

A bit more detail in this blog post I found. Seems like they are adding discounts (from the increased price) for 3-yr commitments.

https://blog.shi.com/software/new-updates-lead-new-prices-adobe-creative-cl...

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:21:30 pm

Even Microsoft apparently still has a one-time-purchase option for Office:

https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products-for...

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 14, 2018 at 8:48:54 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Mar 14, 2018 at 8:50:12 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Even Microsoft apparently still has a one-time-purchase option for Office:
"

It's nuts that there's no "own" option for Adobe stuff.

That said, I use Pr at work, rent it, and the $1 increase is no biggie. But... I will never in a million years cut a personal project in Pr, because someday I might stop renting it and then I no longer have access to my work. Sure, I can rent it for a month to revisit something, but what if years have passed and the app won't open the project? With Avid (which I own) FCP X (which I own) and others, if I stop paying I'm just frozen in time, not dead in the water.

Honestly, It's even more insane that anyone rents Photoshop, though I guess you can open PSD's in pretty much anything these days...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 14, 2018 at 9:59:35 pm

[Charlie Austin] "I guess you can open PSD's in pretty much anything these days...
"

Well, not and maintain compatibility with all the newest features from the last few years. Also some apps flatten/rasterize layer effects, as well.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 14, 2018 at 11:45:20 pm

[Charlie Austin] "I will never in a million years cut a personal project in Pr, because someday I might stop renting it and then I no longer have access to my work."

I guess if you're concerned about future proofing you could simply export an XML of your finished sequence when wrapping a project up and then you will have a simple way to move projects through NLE's.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 15, 2018 at 12:12:56 am

[Charlie Austin] "With ...FCP X (which I own) and others, if I stop paying I'm just frozen in time, not dead in the water."

Unless, of course, you decided to switch to PC in the meantime. ☺

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on Mar 15, 2018 at 2:18:20 am

[Charlie Austin] "Honestly, It's even more insane that anyone rents Photoshop, though I guess you can open PSD's in pretty much anything these days..."

I'm curious as to your thinking. As a full time photographer I'd consider it insane not to rent Photoshop. 10 bucks a month for the greatest imaging software known to man and the industry standard. It's a bargain in anyones language and I'm not sure what the drawback is?

I can't envision a situation where in ten years time I have to open an ancient PSD (why I would want to do that to start with...) and not be able to open it with something. And if such a situation came up, well so what? Work done in a PSD can be redone in a short space of time. Not like a Premiere project. In the case of Premiere I can kind of, sort of, see the argument against rental.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:22:22 pm

Do they offer a pro-rated return of your money if you wish to unsubscribe half way through your 3 year commitment? I'm leary of these extended commitments these days. They usually also include an auto-renewal, so the auto renewal on a 3 year becomes quite the commitment too if you forget to turn it off.

Outliner http://bretfx.com/product/outliner/
Clock Maker http://bretfx.com/product/bretfx-clock-maker/

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:41:11 pm

No idea.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Mar 12, 2018 at 7:30:25 pm

[Oliver Peters] "There's a good business argument to be made for staying with Adobe. "

Well.......that kind of depends on your 'business.' That is actually precisely why I switched AWAY
from Adobe. It would have been a pretty dumb business move on my part to stay with them.
I cannot charge my clients any more money 'because I use Adobe.' And I would pay more money out
renting software than I would buying alternative products. Now I'm doing 'end to end' work, so I
do not have to worry about fitting into a workflow of some ad agency or creative department.
That's probably the exception, and so for many, there may be very good business arguments to
stay with Adobe. Being able to use the same software that a company that you are collaborating with
could be a huge thing. But......I'm not sure that I'd be saying a price INCREASE (even a small $3/month
one like this) makes a 'good business argument' to stay with Adobe. I might say 'if you have a business
based on using Adobe products, you should be happy that the first subscription price increase is a very
small one.....and not the huge 'whammy' that some anti subscription people were predicting.' In other
words, this small increase probably does not change the business arguments one way or another.
People who were already using Adobe products are not going to be hurt by a $3/month increase. But
I don't think it HELPS people subscribing to Adobe to have a price hike......even a minor one.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 12, 2018 at 7:51:01 pm

[Gabe Strong] " this small increase probably does not change the business arguments one way or another."

Agreed. Adobe subscribers are looking at a nominal $36 yearly increase.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:32:30 pm

My 2 cents...

On the customer side, it’s a VERY modest ask.

And it will upset hardly anyone.

On the Adobe business side, if we fantasize there are, say 100,000 subscribers on Premiere only (ignoring ALL the $50 a month folk) then in doing this very modest adjustment they just increased Premiere cash flow by $100,000 per month from now on - with ZERO COGS (cost of goods sold) increase at all.

If any pushback is ignorable - then the business office has a shiny new lever directly connected to their profit needle.

Can’t be abused, certainly or it effects customer satisfaction.

But now it’s been used.

We’ll see what this means, if anything, for the future.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 16, 2018 at 6:57:59 am

[Bill Davis] "with ZERO COGS (cost of goods sold) increase at all. "

It's probably harder to think about the cost of goods sold for a company that offers no physical goods, but I'd be surprised if the costs related to developing CC (both the software and the SaaS sides) haven't increased at all since 2013. It has been in constant development since release, but there's been no net increase in Adobe employees (or contractors) since 2013 to work on it? No Adobe employees (or contractors) that fall under the CC revenue umbrella have gotten a raise since 2013? Adobe hasn't had to pay for more servers to handle the dramatic increase in CC users since 2013?

[Bill Davis] "But now it’s been used."

It being used was an inevitability though. The price was never going to stay the same forever, especially at the rate of development Adobe is pushing.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 16, 2018 at 8:06:00 pm

Totally fair points, Andrew.

I'm thinking back in the days where "goods" had to be sent to market via a distribution chain that added a really BIG chunk to COGS.

The digital connected software rental model, is obviously very different.

Heck, even with the digital connected sales model Apple uses, they were able to go from a $1200.00 price point down to $399 for their NLE software. Thats a 66% price drop. They surely gamed out the profitability of that.

So there is obviously a HUGE net positive profit effect on costs after a switch to digital distribution. One that I'd suspect greatly dwarfs any year over year rise in labor or the like.

But this is obviously PURELY shirt-tail speculation on my part.

I could be totally wrong and Adobe might be just "keeping up" by instituting this price increase.

If so, I hope Wall Street stays happy - they have a tendency to value bottom line profit growth near the top of their list of good things.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 17, 2018 at 6:29:14 am

[Bill Davis] "Heck, even with the digital connected sales model Apple uses, they were able to go from a $1200.00 price point down to $399 for their NLE software. Thats a 66% price drop"

I think that had much more to do with Apple wanting to 'reset' the price of their NLE rather than a linear price drop tied to doing away with physical distribution. For example, when FCP Legend shipped with manuals the box weight nearly 18lbs and when they ditched the printed manuals the box went down to less than 2lbs. Nary a price drop did we see. 😉 A console video game typically costs $60 at retail and it's estimated that about $4-$8 of that is for creating and shipping physical copies. I'd imagine the numbers are about the same for software in general.

Where does the company want their margins to be and what will the market find viable? Apple has traditionally had very high margins are hardware and that allows them to have narrow margins on their software (or just give it away for free). Apple also did away with DVD SP, Soundtrack Pro, and Color and split Compressor and Motion out into separate SKUs which probably did more for the price drop than not shipping discs in the mail. Ultimately I think Apple just wanted to offer X at a more affordable price point and they decided on $299.

Another example of price points is Blackmagic with Resolve and Fusion. Both received massive price drops to just $999 (plus the free versions obviously) after Blackmagic acquired them and then both got huge price drops to just $299. BM, like Apple though, has a hardware business that affords them a lot of flexibility in the pricing of their software.

This all reminds me of an older interview with Steve Jobs. Shortly after the iTMS was launched Steve Jobs was asked about the competition (like Rhapsody and the legal Napster) and he said he didn't worry about them because they don't sell MP3 players. The iTMS prices were set extremely low because it was never designed to have viable profit margins, it was designed to sell iPods.

If I had to guess, I'd say Adobe set the initial price of CC with healthy margins in order to get working capital upfront and then over the years the margins have narrowed and narrowed as the cost of doing business went up. Now they've hit the floor of where they want the margins to be so they've poked the price to get the needle out of the yellow and back into the green (so to speak).

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 19, 2018 at 10:58:12 am

Perhaps.

But I produced a lot of videos on retail product supply chain management back in the day.

Ships or rail cars arriving with goods, storage warehouses across regions feeding hub distribution centers - those feeding regional and local DCs - further feeding stores with weekly re-stocks. Vast networks of trucks, drivers, and tens of thousands of workers, just to get the box onto the shelf in your neighborhood - and enable your purchase.

Now it’s one click and $299 gets exchanged for some IP, digitally.

And that ENTIRE old system is bypassed.

It’ll be hard to convince me THAT change isn’t the largest factor in this stuff.

In retail, the guys who knew, always told me controllable labor costs are the lever that controls profitability.

The largest client I worked with had more than 20,000 retail employees and likely that many again behind the scenes in admin and distribution.

Compared to a couple hundred software engineers, computer scientists and marketing folks for a popular software product?

Not even close really. I bet you could DOUBLE your fixed operational overhead in a software business many, many times over and not move the costs needle as much as giving even a small pay raise to a retail workforce like that.

That’s how I see it. But that’s just speculation. Not my game anymore.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 20, 2018 at 3:53:49 pm

[Bill Davis] "Compared to a couple hundred software engineers, computer scientists and marketing folks for a popular software product?"

That's only part of the expenses. There's also the entire cloud infrastructure since Adobe offers cloud storage, stock footage libraries, website hosting, a digital assets marketplace, etc. These added value aspects of the cloud subscription require a small army of people to maintain and keep running and then there's the massive cloud server infrastructure.

Bottom line, the expenses are much more than what you've laid out.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Mar 20, 2018 at 3:58:03 pm

[greg janza] " There's also the entire cloud infrastructure since Adobe offers cloud storage, stock footage libraries, website hosting, a digital assets marketplace, etc."

There in lies the problem. I don't use any of the above. Why should I have to pay for it?

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 20, 2018 at 5:21:57 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Why should I have to pay for it?"

Not sure why this is an issue for anyone. You don't have to pay for it. You can pay just for Premiere if you have no need for the other Adobe products or you can use another NLE- FCPX, Resolve or Avid. So what's the problem?

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Mar 22, 2018 at 12:54:58 pm

[greg janza] "So what's the problem?"

How many Adobe software packages do you use out of the CC?

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 22, 2018 at 2:42:49 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "How many Adobe software packages do you use out of the CC?"

I don't know about Greg - and I may not be typical - but if you were asking in general -

Premiere Pro
After Effects
Media Encoder
Photoshop
Illustrator
Audition
Acrobat
Muse
Bridge
Lightroom

Some more than others, of course. I think if people who have CC are being honest, even if they prefer FCPX, they are actually using more Adobe CC apps than they think they are or like to admit.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 22, 2018 at 3:20:24 pm

Like Oliver, I too use several Adobe programs:

Premiere
Media Encoder
After Effects
Photoshop
Illustrator
Bridge
Audition
Portfolio
Behance

I also make use of their stock footage library, design elements, cloud backup of projects and libraries for sharing branding guides (color specs, etc per client ) between After Effects, Premiere and Photoshop.

And I think this variety of offerings makes the subscription model a very reasonable cost of doing business.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 22, 2018 at 4:09:19 pm

And, of course my list is down to...

None of the above.

I did have a month where I needed Photoshop and Lightroom to process a photo shoot.

So I bought a "Drug Store Vanilla Visa Card" to use for a one month subscription and it worked perfectly.

I put $25 on that card, paid my single month Photo Subscription out of it. And at the end of the month, since that card had no value left, it couldn't charge it again.

I haven't even thought of my photo subscription in the 4 months since then - but unlike the old days, I don't see any monthly auto-charges posting. Works for me!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 22, 2018 at 6:30:57 pm

The cost of having all the Adobe tools is so utterly insignificant in business terms that I don't even think about what I do and don't use.

"Traditional NLEs have timelines. FCPX has storylines" W.Soyka

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:25:02 pm

[Steve Connor] "The cost of having all the Adobe tools is so utterly insignificant in business terms that I don't even think about what I do and don't use."

There seems to be a fair amount of amnesia here with people forgetting that NLE software used to cost real money. Today even the Adobe CC subscription is a nominal business expense.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 23, 2018 at 6:17:56 am

Hey, you guys want to drip $600 a year away in monthly installments, nobody’s going to stop you.

But for me, nearly 7 years into X, that’s $4-5,000 extra I simply didn’t have to spend on software. I bet when the announced new MacPro arrives, that amount represents a serious chunk of the price.

We’ll see.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 23, 2018 at 7:44:38 am

[Bill Davis] "Hey, you guys want to drip $600 a year away in monthly installments, nobody’s going to stop you.
"

With the tax break it's easily paid for in 6 billable hours a year, wouldn't call that "dripping away", as I said the cost is inconsequential

Good for you if you don't get any work that needs Adobe Products though

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 23, 2018 at 8:10:45 am

[greg janza] "There seems to be a fair amount of amnesia here with people forgetting that NLE software used to cost real money. Today even the Adobe CC subscription is a nominal business expense.

"

But it's also a great "stick" for FCPX evangelists to beat Adobe with as well :)

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 23, 2018 at 3:18:39 pm

[greg janza] "There seems to be a fair amount of amnesia here with people forgetting that NLE software used to cost real money. Today even the Adobe CC subscription is a nominal business expense."

If FCP X (plus say another $300 worth of plugins/software) met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $600/yr for PPro instead $600 once for the FCP X based solution? If Resolve Studio met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $600 for the FCP X solution instead of $299 for Resolve Studio? If Resolve Free met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $299 for Resolve Studio?

While talking about what things used to cost 'back in the day' can be fun, it's not really relevant when discussing contemporary pricing on contemporary products, IMO. The number of people that remember, or even care, that Avids used to run into the six figure price range is only going to get smaller while the number of people that care about the contemporary pricing of software is only going to get bigger.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:02:35 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "If FCP X (plus say another $300 worth of plugins/software) met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $600/yr for PPro instead $600 once for the FCP X based solution? If Resolve Studio met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $600 for the FCP X solution instead of $299 for Resolve Studio? If Resolve Free met all of one's editing needs why would one pay $299 for Resolve Studio?"

Of course, the point is whether or not you need these tools. Many of us find that we need to have some level of compatibility with Adobe tools. By avoiding Adobe, you are self-selecting yourself to exclude certain types of business. Or, you opt to outsource any work that would need those tools, such as an After Effects job, to another vendor. Depends on how much of the business you want to keep.

If a client sends me a layer-based Photoshop file with vector images and layer effects - and I have to maintain perfect edit-ability of that file - then there really is no alternative to using Photoshop. Same with Illustrator, After Effects, etc.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 21, 2018 at 8:03:51 am

[Bill Davis] "Ships or rail cars arriving with goods, storage warehouses across regions feeding hub distribution centers - those feeding regional and local DCs - further feeding stores with weekly re-stocks. Vast networks of trucks, drivers, and tens of thousands of workers, just to get the box onto the shelf in your neighborhood - and enable your purchase.

Now it’s one click and $299 gets exchanged for some IP, digitally."

All good points, though Tim Cook comes from the Just In Time inventory management school so there is minimal stock sitting in warehouses, and compared to monitors, laptops, iMacs, desktops, etc., that Apple is also shipping I can't imagine copies of FCP Legend really being impactful.

Also, AFAIK, Apple's never really had a traditional relationship with retail (it's generally been mail-order, store w/in a store, authorized resellers, or their first party stores) so they might not have the same amount of overhead since they've tried to minimize the role of middlemen? Economies of scale come into play too so a massive company like Apple or Electronic Arts is going to be spending less, relatively speaking, on shipping than small company.

For books (link), video games (link), and CDs (link) the costs for physical creation, shipping, etc., are a much lower than 75% price drop from FCP Studio to FCP X that are you largely atributing to the move from physical to download distribution. The CD article is very old article, but the song remains the same (pun intended).

There is also this really great quote from it, "The really big costs of CD's derive from marketing, promotion, artists' fees, royalties and, often, an arbitrary markup representing a calculated guess at what the market will bear." I find the part about the markup fascinating because we diverge from objectivity to subjectivity . "How much did this cost to produce, market, distribute, etc.," is a much different question than "What's the most we can convince out target demo to pay for this product regardless of how much it cost use to make it?"

It's that subjectivity that has helped keep prices for books/ebooks, CDs/downloads, and video games pretty consistent for decades. For example, what a console video game is 'worth' today is about $60 (and it's basically been that way for nearly 15 years). The subjectivity also gives companies the ability to drastically alter prices while still, depending on the business model, keeping the product profitable (or not profitable if it's being buoyed by another part of the company). I think Apple deciding that an NLE is 'worth' $299 and ditching all of the other software that used to be park of the FCP Studio bundle has more to do with X costing what it does than COG savings.

On a related note, since we are people that help create intangible things for a living, I think it's important to remember (and stress to clients) that the created content is vastly more valuable than the medium that it's stored/distributed on. And that the most valuable part of the 'cost' related to the creation of that content is the human component. "I charge a lot because my gear costs a lot" is a creaky position as technology changes quicker and quicker, where as "I charge a lot because my talent, experience, and knowledge will net you a great ROI" with weather changes much better.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 21, 2018 at 6:51:44 pm

Of course, the real irony in the FCPX vs CC debate is that, if you poke around inside the FCPX Package Contents, some of the splash screens are Photoshop files. ☺

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 21, 2018 at 8:19:55 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Of course, the real irony in the FCPX vs CC debate is that, if you poke around inside the FCPX Package Contents, some of the splash screens are Photoshop files. ☺"

Well, sure.

But if you similarly poked around in virtually every Adobe product you'd probably uncover video files that were born on Quicktime, text files born on Word, sounds born on ProTools etc, etc.

A lot of this obviously just reflects the state of the industry during the products' developmental cycle.

To re-do work you already have in hand (that you can legally use in your own product) unnecessarily, is just going to slow down your ability to ship in a timely fashion.

Put another way, outstanding building Architecture doesn't imply that each and every structural beam connection had to be re-invented for the building itself to be considered "innovative."

That's how I see it at least. YMMV.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 21, 2018 at 9:15:13 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Mar 21, 2018 at 11:42:14 pm

[Bill Davis] "But if you similarly poked around in virtually every Adobe product you'd probably uncover video files that were born on Quicktime, text files born on Word, sounds born on ProTools etc, etc."

Created in, yes. Still part of the actual architecture, no. Or at least I doubt it. At least not in the same way. In fact, Adobe, like Avid, has had to rebuild a lot of components that used to be supported by QuickTime, but are no longer, because Apple has moved to AVFoundation and away from QuickTime.

Just to be clear in regards to FCPX, I'm not talking about files made with Photoshop. I'm talking about actual .psd files (Photoshop format), when they could have been JPEG, TIFF or PNG files instead.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Mar 21, 2018 at 8:07:34 pm

[Andrew Kimery] ""I charge a lot because my gear costs a lot" is a creaky position as technology changes quicker and quicker, where as "I charge a lot because my talent, experience, and knowledge will net you a great ROI" with weather changes much better.
"

I could not possibly agree more with this sentiment.

If you want to make a serious living, never sell your time. Develop and sell your expertise. Period.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]