FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing folders in which raw camera data is stored

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nels McLaughlin
Editing folders in which raw camera data is stored
on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:39:55 pm

I recently did a two day, two location shoot with a Canon XF305 and three 32GB CF memory cards. My issue comes in with the archiving and architecture of the folders and data.

At the end of the shoot, I looked at my cards and clips 1-100 are all on Card 1, Card 2 has clip #101 and 150-200 on it. Card 3 has clips 102-149.

The crappy part is that clips 150-200 are in a different location and thus need to be archived in a different folder than clips 1-149.

Is there a way I can just take the data from clip #101 on card 2 and put it in its own folder, without archiving it with clips 150-200?

I hope I explained this correctly.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Editing folders in which raw camera data is stored
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:06:33 pm

How are you getting the data from the cards onto your system? You can store them in any folder structure that you prefer.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlin
on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:21:30 pm

To get the data onto my RAID setup, I put the CF card into a card reader and just drag the entire CONTENTS folder into a folder named for the event.

I tried copying just the clip 101 folder (containing the CIF, XML, XMP, MXF, and SIF files) into the one that I want and it didn't seem to work. Do I have to include the INDEX.MIF and JOURNAL folders when I copy it elsewhere?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Jul 30, 2013 at 3:31:28 pm

Yes you have to copy the entire root directory from the cards to wherever you are moving the clips. That will include the span xml data.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]