FORUMS: list search recent posts

Needing some advice on archive database

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Linford
Needing some advice on archive database
on Apr 23, 2013 at 7:18:08 pm

Hi All,

We currently have a pretty robust network here with backup for storing video footage, photos, audio etc.

What we do not have, and need, is an application that will let us search or archived footage by metadata/tags so we can find stock footage etc without spending all day combing folders of past projects or poorly named files.

Does anyone have suggestions on software that can accomplish this?

Thanks!

Phillip

Return to posts index

Phillip Linford
Re: Needing some advice on archive database
on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:43:53 pm

By the way... I know Adobe Bridge will let me search files that are online by keyword/metadata... does anyone know of a way to save the metadata information so it can be searchable once the files are archived without having to bring them back online?

ITISTHISBIG.COM - Music with integrity

Return to posts index

Mathieu Xavier
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:19:35 pm

One possible way to do this is with Archiware Archive. It lets you move your video to LTO tapes and/or near-line disk raid storage while keeping a nice database of video proxy files that you can view from a web browser.

For all my video clients they find this makes it way easier to find what they want to restore when they need and then copy back changes into the incremental archive.

Check out André Aulich's description of using Archiware to set up a mini-MAM for video archives:
http://moosystems.com/use-presstore-archive-to-automatically-move-data-to-t...

Archiware's site is here:
http://www.archiware.com/p4-archive.10.1.html

Cheers,

:)

DAM / SAN solutions

Mat X Network Consultants

Return to posts index

Phillip Linford
on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:13:53 pm

Merci Mathieu!

This looks like just what we need and at a price point that will not break the bank. We used CatDV for a while, and liked it, but it was difficult to get support for and was quite pricey.

I will download the demo and go from there. Man, i Adobe would put the searchable archive feature in Bridge, they would have a home run IMO.

Sois sage!

Phillip

ITISTHISBIG.COM - Music with integrity

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]