FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring Beta SP Tapes. How do I remove Time Code from screen?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cathal Brennan
Transferring Beta SP Tapes. How do I remove Time Code from screen?
on Jan 19, 2013 at 9:33:13 pm

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I rented a Sony Beta cam SP CVR75 for a couple of days to transfer some Beta SP tapes I had. I use an Honestech Vid Box to digitise videos onto my computer.

I connected the Beta SP player to the Honestech box using a BNC to phono connection into the VIDEO OUT (Super 3) and connected a video phono lead from there into the Honestech. I connected to XLR to Phono leads into the Honestech box for Audio. The video and audio signals are coming into the computer (through USB) perfectly. The only problem is the huge black bar with the time code across the screen. Is there anyway to turn off the Time code on the Beta Player so the video signal is coming into the computer without the time code across the screen?

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it so much. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Bruce Rawlings
Re: Transferring Beta SP Tapes. How do I remove Time Code from screen?
on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:18:51 pm

You should have another video out 1 or 2 BNC that is clean video on the back.

Return to posts index

Cathal Brennan
Re: Transferring Beta SP Tapes. How do I remove Time Code from screen?
on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:24:31 pm

That worked for me. Thank you. The first time I tried the three BNC outputs the only one that would give me a signal was the (Super 3) output. I tried it again later and the number 2 output was working perfectly with no burnt in time code. Thanks for getting back to me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]