FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering Deleted Files

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Smith
Recovering Deleted Files
on May 4, 2011 at 4:31:06 am

Hi Cow,
I deleted a bunch of large DVCpro50 Quicktime movies off of an external Lacie formatted HFS+ These movie files are about 1-2hours each so they should be around 25-50 GB each. I was archiving a copy of a Broadcast.

I accidently deleted them off of the external and emptied the trash. I have not modified the drive since apart from trying to do a recovery on ti by scanning it completely using Data Rescue 3.

There is a setting there to set a maximum file size to look for and I have set it to about 400GB. I have also tried to set it to zero as it says in the manual that this will void it looking for a max file size.

I was hoping that someone else has had this problem and has used some software to get themselves out of this sticky situation...

Thanks in Advance
Chris

Return to posts index

John Heagy
Re: Recovering Deleted Files
on May 6, 2011 at 1:33:15 am

I'm surprised Data Rescue didn't find anything. It found a few ProRes files even after new files were written for me.

John Heagy

Return to posts index

Chris Smith
Re: Recovering Deleted Files
on May 6, 2011 at 1:47:38 am

Hi John,
I does find some of the files. But there was probably about 30 or so that are still missing. I have since done a deleted file scan, after customizing the engine settings some more and it has found some more of the files, but then it had a general error while recovering the lot. So I am trying that again.

I will post results if it do happen to get everything back...

Cheers
chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]