FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU-PE upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.2

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Sadwelkar
BRU-PE upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.2
on Jan 10, 2013 at 11:21:38 am

I received a mailer about the new version. 3.0.2

Has anyone upgraded from BRU-PE 2.3.5 to ver 3.0.2? Is it a free upgrade or a paid upgrade. I searched on the Tolis web site and maybe I missed it but I couldn't find any mention of whether it is free or paid. The press release says those who bought the old version after March 30 would get a free upgrade. I bought mine on May 14 2012 so I guess I qualify.

But when I installed 3.0.2, I somehow couldn't get the license to work. So, I've gone back to 2.3.5 at the moment as there are backups to be done. But does anyone have any info on this?

The Tolis web site does not list any support in India and I'm not sure if I need to call Japan or some other country for support

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: BRU-PE upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.2
on Jan 10, 2013 at 3:00:36 pm

Hi Neil,

First, apologies about the upgrade path not being more clearly defined in that email. The product manager made an invalid assumption that everyone knew that this was for 3.x users only because 3.x has been shipping for almost 10 months.

As with all BRU update/upgrade cycles, any minor update (bug fixes, platform updates) are free within the same version with or without am extended support agreement (i.e. 2.2 to 2.3 or 2.3.5 to 2.3.7). Major upgrades (2.x to 3.x) do require a new license and are free if you have a current extended support plan (if you didn't automatically receive your new license, contact our sales team) or 50% of the full price if you don't have an extended support agreement in place.

The simplest way to get support is to open a support ticket on our website if U.S. hours do not meet your work schedule. Go to http://support.tolisgroup.com and select "Contact Support" to create a ticket.

Also, I urge you to at least update to 2.3.7 (the current 2.x release). It will work with your current 2.x license and resolves a few issues in the 2.3.6 and earlier releases.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: BRU-PE upgrade from 2.3.5 to 3.0.2
on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:23:20 pm

Tim,

I received a rather pleasant surprise from your sales dept that since I bought BRU-PE in the period after March 30, I qualify for a 3.0 upgrade.

So all good. Now to install the upgrade. Just waiting for a couple of days till an ongoing batch is finished.

Thanks for your response.
Cheers.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]