FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tandberg LTO 5, LTFS and Mountain Lion

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Carlson
Tandberg LTO 5, LTFS and Mountain Lion
on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:37:23 pm

Just wondering if anybody has gotten this to work yet. I'm waiting for a callback from Tandberg technical support, so I thought I'd check this forum while waiting. The installers for the HP software to enable LTFS appear to just be available through 10.6. If I figure out how to get this to work, I'll let the group know.

Tom Carlson

Return to posts index

Peter Amies
Re: Tandberg LTO 5, LTFS and Mountain Lion
on Oct 19, 2012 at 3:44:11 pm

Not sure it's helpful, but I ended up recently buying an IBM drive, purely as their LTFS package has the latest / broadest support that I can find (up to 10.7 Lion, and with listed support for 64-bit).

Maybe you could try the IBM LTFS package with the Tandberg drive, which at least provides support closer to what you're looking for. Not sure if they're interoperable, but may be worth a try.

Also be sure to use OSXFuse (which provides full 10.7, 10.8 and 64-bit support) instead of the discontinued MacFuse. Just don't use the latest OSXFuse version (2.5.2). I learnt the hard way that it completely breaks unmounting of the LTFS volume. Stick with 2.5.1, which works great.

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:36:18 pm

Thanks, Peter. I was able to get NTFS working with Mac Lion and the Tannberg drive. Tannberg technical support helped walk me through the full install.

Tom Carlson

Return to posts index

Anh Nguyen
on Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55:45 pm

Hi Tom, were you able to get it to work with the GUI storeopen software? Or only through the CLI were you able to get the drive to mount?

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:02:25 pm

Hi Anh,

I was able to get it to work with the StoreOpen GUI, but only on Mac OS 10.7. I'm told that Tandberg is working on 10.8 as well for the next release.

Return to posts index

Anh Nguyen
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:06:37 pm

Thanks Tom. I was able to get mine to work, but only via the CLI. The StoreOpen software tells me i have an unsupported LTO-5 drive. Do you have the HH/FH? FC/SAS? Mine is on a 10.7 system as well.

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:23:26 pm

Mine is a HH SAS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]