FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache-A or EditShares Ark?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alison Huckett
Cache-A or EditShares Ark?
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:27:09 pm

It's time to update our archive and back up system from DLT to LTO and I've been considering either EditShares Ark (as we have an EditShare server already) or Cache-A.

Having had problems with Quantum's web-based system for our DLTs, I really like the idea of connecting directly with EditShare and avoiding the web altogether.

I'm trying to weigh up the best thing to do. It's a lot of money to invest so we want to make sure its going to last us as long as possible.

Has anyone has used either of these systems? What do you think? Or are there any other systems I should be considering?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Alison

Return to posts index

Chris Devers
Re: Cache-A or EditShares Ark?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 7:21:41 pm

[Alison Huckett] "It's time to update our archive and back up system from DLT to LTO and I've been considering either EditShares Ark (as we have an EditShare server already) or Cache-A."

Hello, Alison — we're just seeing your question now. We don't normally use Creative Cow as a forum for incoming questions, so unfortunately things can slip through the cracks if posted here. If you haven't already done so, I suggest getting in touch with us so that we can discuss your needs.

I can say that we have people using Cache-A as well as Ark, and while we think that Ark has a lot of strong advantages that make it worth considering, we're willing to come up with a tailored solution for each customer that we work with that can, if necessary, involve working with third-party products as well.

I've passed along your question to others here at EditShare and they should follow up with you shortly, but like I say, I also encourage you to get in touch with us so that we can go over backup & archival options for your server.

--
Chris Devers
EditShare Tech Support
support ( at ) editshare • com
http://editshare.com
Twitter: @EditShare & @ESLightWorks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]