FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inheriting LTO system with Bru Producer, have some new-user questions

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Mershon
Inheriting LTO system with Bru Producer, have some new-user questions
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:40:15 pm

Hello everyone, a coworker has left the company and I have inherited the responsibility for backing up our raw P2 cards to LTO tape using Bru Producer's addition.

To make sure I knew how to restore, I inserted a random previous tape from the shelf and went to the 'restore' tab. Under 'archives,' there were just a few (including the one I made yesterday), but nothing for the tape I just inserted (#19).

I used the Bru Import Tool app to read the tape, which then made it show up in 'archives.' However, when I try to browse the archive content, I could first only twirl down one level. I came back 20 minutes later and I could twirl down further, but still not see individual files/folders. After lunch it let me twirl down to everything.

1. Is this normal? Why did it take so long to show me the text of what's in the archive?

2. Where do these archives live on the disk and how do I make sure one is being created for each new tape (without having to use the Import Tool app afterwards)? I'm assuming archives were made for all the previous tapes, but they're not showing up.

3. Can I add to tapes as jobs come in (40GB here, 200GB there) until the tape is full? Or do I write to it one time once I have ~700GB of data (LTO4)?

4. If I can navigate to, and restore only selected files/folders anyway, what's the advantage of 'split session archive mode?'

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]