FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shared storage solution for small production company

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Hyldahl
Shared storage solution for small production company
on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:02:26 pm

Hey, I'm a relatively new poster here. I am part owner in a small but growing communications firm and I head up the video production side of the business. Because of the growth that we are experiencing, I'm needing to implement a better system for shared storage between our three Final Cut Studio workstations. In the early days, we all had separate external hard drives that we worked off of. That became an asset management nightmare, so then we bought ourselves a Drobo Pro with 16TB of stoarage in hopes that we could keep all of our assets stored centrally and all be able to work off of that one drive. It has worked fairly decently but it's starting not to be able to keep up with the demands we have on it now. I would love to hear some opinions on faster shared storage and/or SAN solutions for small companies like mine. Obviously we don't have a huge budget for the top of the line system. Also, if it helps, we are typically editing DVPROHD or ProRes 422 footage on a mix of 1 to 2 year old Mac Pros and iMacs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]