FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any CacheA Archive Users Backing Up P2/JVC/Ikegami MXF Formats? Feedback Please

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Simpson
Any CacheA Archive Users Backing Up P2/JVC/Ikegami MXF Formats? Feedback Please
on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:30:30 pm

Hi all,

I am a PC based user with a Cache-A Pro-Cache LTO Tape archiving system. I am working with three different raw media types to be archived, as follows:

P2 MXF
JVC MXF (same as XDCAM)
Ikegami MXF

I understand there are other Cache-A users out there archiving these same media types. I am experiencing archive transfer errors with all three media types listed above. I have been attempting to establish a pattern to explain these transfer errors, including file size, path length, file name (eliminating special characters/spaces, etc.). I believe I have eliminated all options in terms of workflow, file structure/size and naming. (I would be oh so happy to be proven wrong and get these archives transferring successfully...) I have been performing basic, staged transfer steps as described in the "Getting Started" portion of the CacheA manual with little to no success. A specific media directory may archive one day with no errors and a duplicate test of the same folder on a different day produces errors, etc.

If you are a CacheA USER/client archiving any of the 3 listed media types, I would be happy to provide more details, screen shots, transfer logs etc. With no visible pattern to these errors and utilizing the proper archive workflow, I can only begin to think there is an issue with my unit specifically.

I will be updated the software from the stable v.2.0.22 to 2.1.13 shortly and will re-test the media directories that I have been utilizing for tests so far. Fingers crossed the software update does the trick!

ANY feedback will be greatly appreciated, and please don't hestiate to ask for more information on our workflow, how/when/why our raw media is organized etc., ask anything that might provide some clues on why YOUR system works, but ours does not.

Thank you for your time and feedback,

Lindsay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]