Files Gone Missing

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Winspear
Files Gone Missing
on Jul 31, 2018 at 4:29:41 pm
Last Edited By Nate Winspear on Jul 31, 2018 at 4:34:45 pm

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right section for this or not, but here goes. I am working on a documentary where the process for new footage has been, sync in Premiere, export an AAF and import into Avid. This has worked fine so far, until now. I received some new footage, I synced it and exported the AAF as well as timecoded rushes for the director and story producer. Everything was fine until the next morning when I went to batch re-import the media in Avid when I saw that a handful of clips were now missing off of my hard drive.

20 or so MXF files from the camera folder containing one of the FS5s footage has disappeared. Not all the clips inside the folder, just the ones associated with one particular sequence, and just the footage from that one camera. The associated .XMLs are still there, but the MXF files are completely gone. I normally make a back up right away, but with the timing, I thought I could pump this out quick, and there should have been a back up made by the data team. before I received anything. I never even physically opened the camera card folder, just dragged it into premiere. I had ingested these clips into Avid previously, but deleted the clips as I wasn't happy with the import, but those were just the Avid Media Files. How could I have deleted files I never physically touched?

I am running OSX 10.13.5 and have searched my mac to no avail in case the files were just moved.

I ran Data Rescue 5, it recovered files that had been deleted off the drive over a year ago, but no trace of the footage I am looking for from a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]