FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple (but effective) DIT soloution?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nastro
Simple (but effective) DIT soloution?
on Jun 21, 2018 at 11:23:36 pm

I'm a run n' gun production master, but woefully inept in the art of DIT. Typically I copy and paste card contents to my drive into a folder with a unqiue title. Then repeat the process for my redundant drive. I KNOW there has to be a better method than that. I don't need the bells and whistles of the biggest and best DIT but I want to make sure my transfers are secure and safe. I'm just looking for a software or something that says "okay this is a card? where do you want it to go and what do you want to call this card". Does anything like that exist?

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Simple (but effective) DIT soloution?
on Jun 22, 2018 at 3:24:30 pm

I've been very happy with Carbon Copy Cloner for MAC not sure about a PC solution https://sites.fastspring.com/bombich/product/ccc5
for reliable copying keeping all metadata in place.

Steve

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 23, 2018 at 5:30:46 pm

http://hedge.video/

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Jun 27, 2018 at 3:46:50 am

I have 10 licenses of Hedge for the past over a year. I have moved maybe 2 PB of Arriraw, Red, Panasonic Raw, Sony Raw, and numerous other files for about 20 feature films using Hedge. And their feature set goes on increasing. Now they support resume too.

The good part about Hedge is that, provided your source is fast enough, making 2 or even 3 copies simultaneously takes the same time as one copy. This is true for Arri raw, Panasonic Raw, Canon raw with Codex transfer stations. or even with CFast cards.
With SD cards don't expect the same speed, however, unless you get a very fast card reader.

And Hedge verifies during copy, and keeps a log of all copies.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]