FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's your favorite file recovery app for a Mac?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
What's your favorite file recovery app for a Mac?
on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:15:21 pm

Some time in the last several months I deleted a folder full of images of an even that I photographed. It's not critical that these be recovered, but I'd like to save myself the embarrassment should need of these images ever come up.

I have three external HDs, and the images were on at least two of them at one time or another. I don't use the HDs much, so there's a good chance space hasn't been written over. They were on a server at some point too, but they're not now, and I don't have a good idea of when they were deleted, so the tape backup isn't really an option.

I asked the IT dept about doing a recovery and they suggested either sending the drives to Drivesavers ($$$) or using the app that came with the WD drives. They said that with the WD app though that there's a good chance it'll destroy the data permanently instead of recovering it. I dont' always trust those guys though, as it's usually easier for me to fix my computer myself.

What do you folks think? What's the best way to get deleted files off some external HDs?

Thanks.

Corbin Gross
Photo/Video
SANMAR
Marketing

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
Re: What's your favorite file recovery app for a Mac?
on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:44:06 pm

DiskWarrior has been my go-to.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]