FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bru PE 3.1.29 - Archive/Verify completed, but no catalog for tape.

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Patrick
Bru PE 3.1.29 - Archive/Verify completed, but no catalog for tape.
on Mar 20, 2018 at 4:54:14 pm

I am trying out the demo for Bru PE 3.1.29 with my new mTape LTO-8 drive. My first attempt was to archive to tape 11.18TB of data. Bru PE finished writing and verifying the tape in about 46 hours and 50 minutes. When I tried to export the catalog file, Bru PE crashed. I went to the archive folder that was created before the crash and it shows a Catalog folder and a Tape folder, the Catalog folder is empty and the Tape folder has one file, but Bru doesn't seem to want to open the file when I browse to it (it's grayed out). Then when I went to the restore panel, Bru PE tells me that the tape set has no catalog associated with it. I've emailed support yesterday, but have not heard back yet. Has anyone experienced this sort of behavior? I'm extremely frustrated at this point. Help!

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dean Tyson
Re: Bru PE 3.1.29 - Archive/Verify completed, but no catalog for tape.
on Apr 4, 2018 at 11:39:44 am

I am having a similar issue with mine.
Since upgrading to the latest version (3.1.29 build 442) with fully updated High Sierra, I have had Bru PE crash at various points during the verify... Can be on any of the 3 tapes being used...
I have run the same archive (no running # 5!) and get a crash every time!

I have since reinstall my machine back to Sierra (using a fresh HDD with a clean install) and reinstalled version 3.1.29 build 442.
I am now on my second run as the first one still crashed on the verify...

I have now changed the buffer from 2048 to 512. I doubt this will make any difference, but will see in the morning.

Does anybody know how to either fully remove BRU PE or can I just reinstall an older version over the current one to "downgrade"?

Archives were very stable with both BRU_PE_Rel_3.1.23.359 and BRU_PE_Rel_3.1.28.433.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]