FORUMS: list search recent posts

ShotPut Pro MD5 Checksum remarkably slow

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sep Moshki
ShotPut Pro MD5 Checksum remarkably slow
on May 11, 2017 at 5:16:36 pm

Hi guys and girls. I have of course been a follower of this forum for a while but never needed to make an aaccount because all my questions have always been answered in other threads, so thank you for all of your efforts. It is appreciated even if we don't say it enough.

I have just created my account and am in a bit of a pickle.

I am running all USB 3.0 ports, currently using ShotPut Pro to offload 256gb of footage from a C Fast 2.0 with a USB 3.0 reader. The transfer is taking 30 minutes each card and then another 30 minutes for verification with an MD5 checksum (even though it says 1 minute).

Is this normal timings? for both transfer and verification. I am currently on set so any help is hugely appreciated.

Sep Moshki
Junior Gaffer/Data Wrangler

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
Re: ShotPut Pro MD5 Checksum remarkably slow
on May 12, 2017 at 12:30:07 am

I use Shot Put Pro 5 and 6 often. They have the new xxHash-64 checksum. That's now the new default standard. It's much faster than MD5. Give it a try.

Return to posts index

Sep Moshki
on May 13, 2017 at 11:14:37 am

Thank you very much for your response. I actually purchased my license yesterday for the full version but I didn't get the xxhash option in my checksum verification method droplist.

How do I go about getting this? Do I purchase the $30 upgrade license?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Sep Moshki
Junior Gaffer/Data Wrangler

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
on May 14, 2017 at 9:23:06 pm

Shot Put Pro for Mac & Windows are unfortunately written separately by different people. Both platforms have difference variations. If you look closely, the feature & functionality between the two are actually different. Windows has always behind in favor of the Mac. Any chance you're using Windows? Check their feature list for xxHash 64 w/ Windows. I don't use Windows for offloading so don't know whether the latest ver has the same features as the Mac.

My Mac versions (5&6) all have xxHash-64 as the default checksum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]