FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU PE for Mac OSX & Windows (future release) 100% interchangeability in the catalog & restore

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
BRU PE for Mac OSX & Windows (future release) 100% interchangeability in the catalog & restore
on Apr 22, 2017 at 6:05:16 pm

I know this sounds redundant but just want to be absolutely certain that all of the massive amount of data archive I made in the past 8 years with LTO5-6 on BRU PE will be seamlessly interchangeable with the future release of BRU PE for Windows. This includes the catalog file and of course the BRU spanning format w/ robust verification features.

Do not want to get into PreRoll Post or the free LTFS. I have massive amount of library catalog file that I use w/ NeoFinder to find these assets. PreRoll Post has their own catalog system and I certainly do not want to deal with two separate master archive databases.

Not sure if the next gen Mac Pro will have the established PCIe 3.0 & ability to install SAS controller. Not cost effective having to use Thunderbolt just to archive on the Mac Pro 2014 black cylinder model. PC & Windows are the ideal platform for me since the hardware is still relatively cheaper and more compatible with existing configurations. At least the most basic of all is the Wake On LAN feature to save power. PC gets it right vs the Mac. That itself has saved me hundreds-thousands in energy bill.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]