FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU PE Admin Issues

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Tyson
BRU PE Admin Issues
on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:03:55 pm

Hi everybody,

Our Company has been using BRU PE for a few years now, and I have recently taken over the IT role here.

With a new IT guy, comes new and fresh passwords, which includes a new password and user login on the current Apple I am using.
The previous IT guy guy went and deleted his Login details and account from the machine.

So now when we try login to Bru PE it asks for the current Admin login, but it is telling me it is incorrect the whole time.
I know it is the right details as it works with every other app, except for BRU PE?!?!?!

Do I remove the whole app and reinstall it again or is there a quick way to resolve this login issue as I really don't want to lose any data or record.

And I do have a full backup of all the data, so if I have to reinstall it, then so be it.

Just need to know if there is a quick way around this "unknown admin" user issue.

OH, and I have installed the latest version to date, but still no luck.
It even installs fine with my current Admin password...

Any urgent help with this will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dan Olsen
Re: BRU PE Admin Issues
on Apr 10, 2017 at 6:42:19 pm

Exact same issue here. Cannot get BRU PE to authenticate despite having the correct user name and password.

Return to posts index

Dean Tyson
on Apr 11, 2017 at 6:45:16 am

Yea, apparently it's a common issue.
Change the Admin password and you're pretty much screwed!

I needed to do backups urgently, so ended up reinstalling my machine with Sierra OS and reinstalled BRU PE with new logins and it's all happy again...

So I'm not sure if BRU will find a solution to this, but just be VERY careful if you change your admin password!

Return to posts index

Dan Olsen
on Apr 11, 2017 at 2:57:47 pm

The scary thing is that I know for a fact that the admin user/pass has never, ever changed on the mac running BRU PE. It's the only user account on the machine as well. New version was installed and all of a sudden the log-in doesn't work.

Really hope this can be fixed, don't much like a warning that some files may be skipped during my archives, even if the permissions on the storage seem to be set correctly to avoid that.

Return to posts index

Dean Tyson
on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:02:15 pm
Last Edited By Dean Tyson on Apr 11, 2017 at 3:03:01 pm

Hmmmm, the plot thickens!

Perhaps it does have something to do with one of the last 2 updates they did????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]