FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bru PE error: missing archive header block

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Scaffidi
Bru PE error: missing archive header block
on Nov 15, 2016 at 8:44:13 pm

Hi all -- finally bought a LTO-6 drive and working through our old backup hard drives. I've hit this error twice:

Doing a split session backup of multiple projects to tapes. I finishes the session that spans tape 1 and 2, and asks for tape 1 for verification. I pull out tape 2, pop the write-protect tab, and put in tape 1. It verifies tape 1. I'm a little hazy on the specifics from here (since I'm editing while this is happening): I believe it then asks for tape 2 for what I assume is a verification pass and then to continue writing the remaining sessions. I pop in tape 2--with the write-protect tab on--and it give me a warning that the tape is write-protected. I take it out, slide the tab to "off", pop the tape in, and I get this error:

warning - missing archive header block; starting at volume 1.

The process is now frozen -- the verify progress bar is at 0. However the elapsed time counter is still running. I can hit Abort. Under the Restore tab -- it shows the first several sessions as complete. However, if I try to append the tape set with the remaining sessions, and put in tape 2, it says that the current tape is tape 1.

I'm going to start over and see what happens, but does anyone have any advice? I'm obviously past my first 30-days of support.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Bru PE error: missing archive header block
on Nov 15, 2016 at 10:59:54 pm

It looks as if you stepped outside of expected parameters there, but I'd prefer that you connect with the support team at support.bru.com to be sure.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]