FORUMS: list search recent posts

Locating Bru PE Catalogue

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Bonnett
Locating Bru PE Catalogue
on Sep 22, 2016 at 11:18:00 am

Hi folks, I know that there is the official Bru Support line but I thought I'd try here too.

Were Running a (very) old version of Bru PE (2.0.1) with LTO 4 tapes on an old mac in the corner of our office and surprise surprise the hard drive decided to go pop the other day,

Guess who didn't have a catalog back up anywhere to hand........

I've managed to boot the computer off our external partition and the failing hard drive is visible and of some use. It appears that it's just the important bits like the bootchache that have gone kaput and so I've been able to clone off the rest of the drive safely. However now I can't find where the Bru PE data was being stored.

I've checked in Application Support, for both user and system and can't see a Bru PE folder in there anywhere. I've got the folder with all the licensing info and the bru.1 bru.3 files etc as well as the folder with the installer and manuals etc in it but for the life of me I can't find where it was sending the catalog either on the original drive or the clone.

I think it's supposed to be in Application Support/Bru PE/Catalog/ right?

Can anyone help with narrowing down my search?

Cheers guys and thanks in advance for all the help.

Return to posts index

Jack Bonnett
Re: Locating Bru PE Catalogue
on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:32:22 pm

Amazingly I've got 'most' of the computer back up and running again and BRU is now listing the tape archive but when I try and create a new one it's hanging on the Estimating Size window and not progressing any further.

I'm sure a clean install is what's required but any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:47:36 pm

In that old version, we were using the /var/lib hierarchy for the BRU PE environment. You will find the bru folder there containing all of the environment components on that system.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Jack Bonnett
on Sep 23, 2016 at 6:20:19 am

Thanks for the response Tim, managed to find the folders and restore them to. The archive all appears to be there which is brilliant (indeed might be the best thing that happens this weekend).

The problem I now have is that when I'm trying to create a new archive Bru hangs on the Estimating size dialogue before the archive begins, recording 0 bytes and 0 files and I can't pinpoint the issue to drivers etc.

I'm going to run a clean install on a new system and see what happens but any thoughts on why this one might be playing up?

Once again thanks for the on going help on these forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]