FORUMS: list search recent posts

Security Update 9.2.2016 just washed my Nvidia Webdrivers away….I need to learn how to creating clone bootable in oSX 10.10.5 yosemite

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
singleton makin
Security Update 9.2.2016 just washed my Nvidia Webdrivers away….I need to learn how to creating clone bootable in oSX 10.10.5 yosemite
on Sep 3, 2016 at 12:43:31 am

the I told you so are coming I know….

but I didn't realize that APPLE could in fact somehow change your manual settings back to default AUTO PILOT INSTALL EVERYTHING YOU NEED THAT WE THINK IS IMPORTANT…(not always the case)

I didn't create a Time Machine….I didn't think I had too….
I don't normally plug this machine to the network…….ethernet only to trade files….
Somehow APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE got HACKED by some enemy….it must be…….I didn't change it back…..
And now this little quip has made my TITAN X web drivers incompatible…

I went from working to taking a coffee break and coming back to a dark screen,..
I restarted and no I don't have FLASHED TITAN X can you help me? to FLASH it ? so I will not have this issue?
How long should I wait ……for NVIDIA?

But better yet…..HOw do I create a INTERNAL RECOVERY DRIVE in YOSEMITE 10.10.5
IT has to be I use FCP7 and HD LINK with my system..and both or especially HDLINK will not UPGRADE to EL CAPITAN,….they do not update drivers for that box it is now obsolete……

please if there is anyone that I can pay in the area to help me
I would like to create another Bootable Yosemite Drive Installer (the one Apple gave me was taken away…..for some reason…) hmmmmm…..are they forcing me to go to EL CAPITAN? no that would be paranoid….

But I do not want to WIPE this DRIVE…

IS there anyway to TRICK it into ROLLING back a STUPID USELESS SECURITY UPDATE I DIDN"T WANT?

thanks
I am paying for hardware and time spent helping me……
jsm

Singleton Makin
"observe the masses and do the opposite!"

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Security Update 9.2.2016 just washed my Nvidia Webdrivers away….I need to learn how to creating clone bootable in oSX 10.10.5 yosemite
on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:31:47 am
Last Edited By Andy Edwards on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:38:17 am

Couple options:

First, start backing up your system daily with software like CCCloner or SuperDuper. Get a external SSD or put one into one of your MP sleds and have it scheduled to run overnight. then you can just hold down the option key and boot from it when things like this happen.

You can re-downlaod a fresh copy of Yosemite from the App store if you ever downloaded it in the past:
http://www.macworld.com/article/2367748/os-x/how-to-make-a-bootable-os-x-10...

Second, read this link on options of changing the kext file to the new version of OS you now have since running the update:
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-drivers-caution-apple-security-update-2016-001-10-11-6.201018/ )

Third, wait for Nvidia to release new drivers.

Fourth, swap out your Nvidia Titan X card for an older approved Mac GPU till the updated driver are available.

Feel your pain as I went through it in July when the update hit. Had to swap over to a clone of my OS until the new drivers were released 48 hours later.

Andy

Return to posts index

singleton makin
Re: Security Update 9.2.2016 just washed my Nvidia Webdrivers away….I need to learn how to creating clone bootable in oSX 10.10.5 yosemite
on Sep 5, 2016 at 12:16:53 pm

SO I heard that El Capitan got web drivers on friday or sat......I read it on a forum.....but got excited and went looking for Yosemite....nothing...am I screwed? do you think they will release anything now that the PASCAL has been released?

My question is because I just got discouraged because I spoke chatted with an idiot on nvidia tech support that was arguing with me about my ability to use TITAN X on a MAC...he said it wasn't listed as a supported feature....he wanted me to actually prove it to him!

I was like ...poh ph ph oh know.......and I sent link after link......he said "oh so I wil pass it on..."
but then he came back and said NO WEB DRIVERS for EL CAPTIAN
and I said YOSEMITE!!!!!
And he was not even I think believing me ......I think he thought I was nuts.....

even the links I showed and your message...got no response .....he read it and said NO WEB DRIVERS FOR EL CAPITAN.....its not that I don't believe you....sir, I just caon't find it on our system....so I don't think it exist....

I felt like kicking my computer screen.....

Ok....I will go meditate....but I will not have a YOSEMITE OSX unless I go BEG APPLE at the STORE...because they have only MAVERICKS and MOUNTAIN LION and EL CAPITAN...why did they TAKE AWAY YOSEMITE on my list? I know I have upgraded my laptop.....why would it leave if it was my user account? unless they just want EL CAPITAN users.....they are so screwing with me....MAVERICKS is a JOKe......I feel like getting a PC.....and running LINUX

Singleton Makin
"observe the masses and do the opposite!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]