FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for backup solution

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Ravilious
Looking for backup solution
on Jun 30, 2016 at 3:24:19 pm

Hi

For over ten years we have been using Dantz/EMC retrospect version 6 as our backup option. Its worked great particularly with all the filters you can apply and the ability to manage a large backup archive in our case a large Media File collection over 3TB.

Sadly with an upgrade to a 64 bit Window OS it no longer runs. Before we pursue an obvious route to buying a more recent version of the same software I wonder what the alternatives are. I find it a shame that there is no Windows alternative to Mac Time Machine. I want something suitable for a large collection of files and highly intuitive to track changes within them.

Thanks

Stephen

Return to posts index

Josh Phillippi
Re: Looking for backup solution
on Jun 30, 2016 at 5:04:01 pm

Eric-

Being forced to move to new technology, as opposed to it being an option, is never a great feeling. Their are several great solutions out there for you. I am happy to talk offline about some great low cost products & workflows. While Piston Media Group is a reseller & integrator, our primary focus is being a resource for our customers first and foremost. Please feel free to reach out to me any time and we can discuss your needs, and hopefully at least get you some information that can make you feel that you are making an educated and confident choice moving forward with a new solution.

Thanks and best of luck!

Josh Phillippi
(888) 829-7320 x101
(818) 318-8211
jp@pistonmediagroup.com
http://www.pistonmediagroup.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]