FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache-A no longer appearing on network / web interface not loading

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Duprey
Cache-A no longer appearing on network / web interface not loading
on May 31, 2016 at 3:14:45 pm

Hey there.

I've been using the Pro-Cache from Cache-A for years, and have had a good experience with it. Last week, the power to the unit was accidentally unplugged. A tape was in the drive, but there were no active backups happening. I plugged the unit back in and turned it on, and then I left it alone for a while. When I returned, the tape was ejected.

My first instinct was to restart the Cache-A, so I went to my bookmarked web interface (I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a late-2013 Mac Pro trash can, and access the Cache-A web interface through Safari). But the interface wouldn't load.

I checked the sidebar of Finder, where I can usually see the device, and from where I can access the Cache-A partition. It's not showing up there, either. The unit is physically connected to the network via ethernet, as it always has been, and there have been no changes to the network.

I'm able to turn the unit on and off manually, using the power button, but that's it. I can't get it to show up anywhere.

I've checked the manual, and couldn't find anything about this particular issue. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-Aaron

Return to posts index

Tom Goldberg
Re: Cache-A no longer appearing on network / web interface not loading
on Jun 1, 2016 at 2:32:36 pm

Aaron,

As with any computer, suddenly interrupting power can corrupt your file system. You need to connect a mouse monitor and keyboard to the back of the unit, reboot and see what's happening there. Hopefully running a manual file system check will sort it out - if not, you're going to have to go to ProMax to get it fixed.

I suggest you see what comes up and maybe send me a screen shot directly off forum, I'll do my best to help.

Tom Goldberg
TGCS
30201 Rainbow Hill Rd.
Evergreen, CO 80439
mailto:tomgoldberg@gmail.com
http://tomgoldberg.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]