Offloading Multiple (24) Cameras

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Keller
Offloading Multiple (24) Cameras
on May 13, 2016 at 7:36:14 pm
Last Edited By Jake Keller on May 13, 2016 at 7:42:13 pm

Hi all,

Gearing up for an intense shoot this Sunday. We will have (2) Amiras, (2) C300s, and 20 GoPros. In the past I have gone through Shotput Pro and created multiple presets for each camera, allowing me to offload in succession. However, this time there are way more cameras and I'm wondering the best plan of attack.

Would it be a good idea to offload each GoPro through the Finder and then use Shotput only for the main cameras? Can Red Giant Offload do multiple backups at once? I set up a folder structure prior to shoot last time, so that I'm prepped and not completely frantic. Just want to get some advice on the best way to manage all of these cameras, as I may be dumping in between reset times, and have told my producers that waiting on the offloads might halt production, unless we dump everything EOD.

Thanks for the help!

-Jake

p.s. if there is a better thread to post this in let me know and I'll move it ;)

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
Re: Offloading Multiple (24) Cameras
on May 17, 2016 at 8:37:00 am

Be very cautious of USB3 (or whatever bus you're using) that it'll get saturated and the file i/o will be too much too handle for the computer and hdd. You may get corrupted i/o but the OS will not report it. Shot Put Pro will solve this but it's too slow when dealing with more than 3 simultaneous cards. SDHC cards are so cheap now that you can probably have no need to offload in the field.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]