FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP LTO 6 ATTO problems

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Mills
HP LTO 6 ATTO problems
on Oct 6, 2015 at 12:46:46 pm

I am having a hell of a time to get someing copied to this drive. I am trying to use StoreOpen and copy to the mounted tape and its not working. Started 1tb copy night before and it was not even 1/4 done said it needed a day was down to 2.3mb/s transfer from a usb 3 drive.
I hit cancle and its still trying to stop with the tape whirling around in the drive for about 20min now
Ive been trying to find software to use to back up my harddrives to tape but have not found anything under $1200 for windows machine.
Any Ideas of any software I should look at or try? Or why I cant copy using HPs StoreOpen LTFS structure

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: HP LTO 6 ATTO problems
on Oct 8, 2015 at 12:22:27 pm

Hi Brian -
both Tolis BRU PE and Imagine Products PreRoll Post have windows versions, and you can try then out for free. HP StorOpen has always been a nightmare. Are you actually disappointed that you can't get a free software program to work properly ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
Re: HP LTO 6 ATTO problems
on Oct 8, 2015 at 12:44:23 pm

I found a solution that works. Pretty reasonable price. Z-DatDump. $45. So far so good. Testing now. And I didn't really expect a free version. Just was not finding many Windows solutions. Btw i dont see a windows version in the pull down for BRU Evaluation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]