FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU-PE and Neofinder - tape names

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Sadwelkar
BRU-PE and Neofinder - tape names
on Oct 4, 2015 at 11:46:22 am

I've been using Bru-PE and backing up for about 4-5 years now. Have a large collection of archive catalogs.

I read on an earlier thread that Neofinder can read Bru-PE catalogs. So, I purchased it (the demo does only 10 catalogs). Now, when I go to Import catalog and point to my /Library/Application Support/Bru-PE/Catalogs folder and import one of the gz files, the entire archive of files is now visible in Neofinder.

However, I don't see a tape name. Neofinder shows the name as the same 12 digit alphanumeric name that Bru set - something like 53hju08juie or some such. The ability to see all of one's archives in one convenient Finder-like view is super awesome.

But is there a way to see the actual tame name too? That would be really convenient, because tape name is what's on the tape label. And without that name we can't find the physical tape to restore from.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: BRU-PE and Neofinder - tape names
on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:27:29 pm

Hi Neil,

You'll need to submit a feature request to the NeoFinder team. The info is there and they can pull the tape set name from the Tapes/????????????.? file that matches that archive ID. If they are willing to do it, tell them to contact Mike at TOLIS Group (they have his details) and we'll give them what they need.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]