FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRU PE not working properly?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Koay
BRU PE not working properly?
on Jul 1, 2015 at 2:10:09 pm

I'm relatively new to this archiving and back up stuff. I'm using this program called BRU PE and trying to archive footage/ project files in LTO-6 tapes.

Following the regular work flow, trying to store 2TB into the LTO-6 tape (which is under its max capacity) but after storing about 10GB, BRU PE asks to insert a 2nd tape to create Volume 2. This is a brand new tape, that i've also asked to over write everything. I figured it would be able to store these 2TB with ease. But it asking to make a 2nd volume after only storing 10GB, what?

Quite confused at this point.

I've checked and crossed checked the settings with no avail.

Is this a setting problem? Or am i totally missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Gary

Return to posts index

Kedar Gogate
Re: BRU PE not working properly?
on Aug 18, 2015 at 12:59:14 pm

Hello..

Did you find any solution ?. I have same problem... but BRU PE asking for next tape after writing aprox. 1.7 TB of data. I have created a support ticket with TOLIS group. Expecting their reply.

Kedar.

Return to posts index

Gary Koay
on Aug 19, 2015 at 5:05:47 pm
Last Edited By Gary Koay on Aug 19, 2015 at 5:06:28 pm

I haven't figured out the exact problem yet. But after a lot of trouble shooting it seems that a certain file might be corrupted and is causing the system to trigger for another tape.

If you try to achieve in smaller batches, it seems to achieve just fine. That's as far as i have gotten.

Are you still under their warranty? Otherwise you have to spend a few hundred to get their support. It's a yearly renewal. I recently paid but haven't had the time to really contact them regarding the issue. Also doesn't help that I'm in Singapore and there isn't much tech support for us in the region. :\

Let me know if you get you problem solved. I might be facing the same issue.

Cheers,
Gary

Return to posts index

Seth Goldin
on Aug 25, 2015 at 10:25:34 pm

Gary,

Any luck with this yet? I'm experiencing a similar problem using Doubler Mode in BRU PE.

After rewinding the tapes and in overwrite mode [you can't use Doubler Mode with "append"], I'm asked for a fresh tape after unloading only 40 GB of data to each tape. This is for LTO 6 tapes.

Thanks,
Seth Goldin
Freethink Media
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Aug 31, 2015 at 2:04:28 am

Seth,

What vendor's drives are you using? Also, how are they connected (which SAS HBA, which driver version)?

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Seth Goldin
on Aug 31, 2015 at 3:07:50 am

Turned out it was a faulty Areca SAS card in my mTape, just a freak hardware issue. mLogic was good about it. They swapped the unit and it works great.

Thanks!
Seth

Return to posts index

Gary Koay
on Aug 31, 2015 at 2:30:43 am

Seth,

No luck yet. Currently we've updated all the software with no avail. We are leaning towards a hardware malfunction.

We've contacted BRU PE and they will have to troubleshoot using TeamViewer. Hope they'll be able to find something i might have missed.

Keep us updated if you find a solution to your problem.

Cheers,
Gary

Return to posts index

Seth Goldin
on Aug 31, 2015 at 3:09:24 am

Turns out I just had faulty hardware, a bad Areca SAS card in my mTape. There can definitely be hardware issues.

Best,
Seth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]