FORUMS: list search recent posts

LTFS with Autoloader

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Boyd
LTFS with Autoloader
on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:00:02 pm

Is anyone familiar with a piece of software with the capability of writing LTFS & communicating w/ an autoloader?

I am using an HP 1/8 LTO-5 Autoloader - I'm looking for software w/ the ability to change out tapes & format each new tape as it enters the drive. Allowing us to walk away and let the software span the update across 8 tapes w/ out needing to click format on the software and manually move the tapes using the Autoloader.

Thanks in Advance.

Return to posts index

Martin Greenwood
Re: LTFS with Autoloader
on Oct 28, 2014 at 6:02:33 pm

George,

By coincidence we have just added on the fly formatting to the latest version of our YoYottaID Automation software.

YoYottaID Automation is OS X software that works with Autoloaders like the HP 1/8 LTO unit you are using.
YoYottaID can span larger backups across multiple tapes and you can setup a queue from different sources. Then you can use the built in media database to selectively restore files at a later date.
With the Conform option you can automatically pull back trims of just the shots needed for your edit.

Please contact me and I'll get you setup with a demo version.

Best,

Martin Greenwood
CTO
YoYotta

martin@yoyotta.com

Return to posts index

George Boyd
on Oct 28, 2014 at 10:52:03 pm

Thanks Martin.

Sounds very interesting, we'll reach out soon and learn more.

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:08:37 am

I think BRU-PE also has some feature that supports auto-loaders.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Nov 15, 2014 at 6:47:35 pm
Last Edited By Tim Jones on Nov 15, 2014 at 7:28:09 pm

EDIT - BRU PE will not solve your original query about LTFS with automation - I was originally responding to Neil's comment about BRU PE and automation. There are tools out there - such as HP's StoreOpen tool for libraries - that will allow you to use LTFS with that 1x8.

However, keep in mind that LTFS volumes created using automation drivers and LTFS tapes created using standalone drive can be incompatible.

I'll refer you to this post for specifics:

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/330/1383

Yes - BRU PE supports autoloader/libraries up to 2 drives and 50 slots. For larger installations (unlimited tape / unlimited slots), BRU Server is the solution.

Of course, BRU also uses raw tapes, so no pre-formatting is required. Need another tape, just unwrap one and go for it.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.tolisgroup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]