FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Hutchins
Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:44:04 pm

Hello all,

I just recently did a system wipe and OS reinstall, set everything up and have the system mostly back to where it was.

I have copied over all of the relevant Bru catalog data from the previous install and all of my old tape catalogs show up, are navigable, searchable and I can restore my data.

The issue I'm running into at the moment is now when I create a new tape backup, Bru does what it does, backs up, error checks, etc., but when I twirl down my newly created archive in the "Restore" tab, there is no catalog to select and therefore, I cannot restore any data from the tape archive I've created. I have tried to re-import the archive from the tape using Bru PE Tape Import Tool, but I'm getting the same result.

I'm on SL 10.6.8 on a system install that's less than a week old. I don't feel like I'm doing anything different than every other time I've created archives.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Graham

OSX 10.6.8
AE CS5
FC Studio 3
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Ian Arsenault
Re: Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up
on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:29:52 pm

Graham,
I ran into a similar problem recently.

For whatever reason, the tape name and the archive label can not be identical and when they are, the BRU PE gets confused.

To correct this on items you've already archived, go to your restore tab, right click any of the tapes/tapesets and change the name by one character.

When the column refreshes, and you click on the disclosure arrow, your archive catalog should magically appear.

To prevent against this in the future, just make sure there's one character of variance between the two.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Return to posts index

Graham Hutchins
Re: Bru PE behaving strangely, tape backups created, but no indexed catalog shows up
on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:40:49 pm

There you go. That did the trick.

Thanks!

-Graham

OSX 10.6.8
AE CS5
FC Studio 3
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

steve coulter
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:58:31 pm

Ian - you've saved my buttocks. What a silly little programming oversight on the part of Tolis...

Anyhow, thanks again and Happy Holidays.

S.

Return to posts index

Cole Prine
on Apr 20, 2012 at 1:41:56 pm

I know I'm kind of bringing up an old post, but I found this after doing a search. I'm having the same problem here, and I tried you're suggestion but it won't allow me to right click on any of the archives. Any thoughts?

I'm running BRU Pe - BRU 17.1.0

Thanks,

Cole

Return to posts index

Matt Taylor
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:21:08 pm

This problem has arisen for me as well. Renaming is not working for me either. Cole, did you find a solution?

BRU PE 17.1.0 as well.

Thanks,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]